Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went for a stroll up the town, spar and daybreak are both open along with a few pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Conspectus wrote: »
    All lidl's opening at 2pm. My brother is a mananger of one and an email went around to all of them.

Conspectus, up here in Roseberry Hill, the roads are almost impassable. Are LIDL opening today? Or does anyone else know if Tesco are opening?

Centra up here was due to open yesterday, but they never did - guessing staff couldn't get into the Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 woulfie1

Conspectus, up here in Roseberry Hill, the roads are almost impassable. Are LIDL opening today? Or does anyone else know if Tesco are opening?

Don’t know about Lidl, but Tesco say stores in areas covered by red weather alert will open at 11am.

Just back from Tesco. If anyone has plans on doing some shopping I would hurry if I were You. Very little bread, hardly any milk, no salted butter. Lots of empty shelf space, Vegetables? Very few choices.

Not their fault, especially on seeing the side roads ( first time out of RH Estate since the storm hit ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Just back from Tesco. If anyone has plans on doing some shopping I would hurry if I were You. Very little bread, hardly any milk, no salted butter. Lots of empty shelf space, Vegetables? Very few choices.

Not their fault, especially on seeing the side roads ( first time out of RH Estate since the storm hit ).

dunnes was the same. lidl was a little better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

Is Mcdonalds open in Newbridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Yes and KFC next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Does anyone know what the Structure up from library is going to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

RTighe wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Structure up from library is going to be?

Apartments - social housing.

Thanks ceilingfly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Thirteen units comprising apartments, bungalows and two story houses ( 2 ). Also a meeting / recreation room.

lanomist wrote: »
    Thirteen units comprising apartments, bungalows and two story houses ( 2 ). Also a meeting / recreation room.

Pretty big project! though I was surprised to see the loss of the green area there,

RTighe wrote: »
    Pretty big project! though I was surprised to see the loss of the green area there,

They will take up about one third of the green or slightly more, exit on to Athgarvan closed for good except pedestrian , whole area landscaped and houses on Liffey Terrace given small gardens to the front.

does anyone know how to look at plans for the town on the kcc website i can only seem to get a basic map.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭richiek83

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Hi can anyone recommend someone who does roof repairs, I have a small leak which I need to get sorted.

I see the Silverware Museum is to start charging for the exhibitions upstairs.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/302940/newbridge-silverware-to-start-charging-for-museum-of-style-icon-visits.html

€7 is OTT imho. This another case of a corporation getting greedy?

I see the Silverware Museum is to start charging for the exhibitions upstairs.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/302940/newbridge-silverware-to-start-charging-for-museum-of-style-icon-visits.html

€7 is OTT imho. This another case of a corporation getting greedy?

i think it is to off set a glass floor they are putting over the cutlery factory so people can watch it been made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Every time I've gone there I've always brought some small trinket in the shop as I feel bad looking around without buying. I'd spend €10-20. So a €7 charge would alleviate my guilt and save me money.

Sorry to hear that Nicks Fish mongers on Moorfield Road is closing at the end of the month. The business has been there for about eight years and sold a great variety of fresh fish.

• Advertisement

Got an email from Thornton's yesterday saying they are starting to charge for lifting the green ( recycling ) bin from May 1. The reason Thornton's are saying for this charge is because the Chinbese have stopped importing recycled material as it's contaminated.

This just isn't fair on the people who play by the book. Only 3 weeks ago there were water shortages in Dublin after the snow storm because some people left their taps running all night.

I driver up the back road to Greenogue from Adamstown most weekday mornings and the amount of fly tipping along that road is disgusting - can only see this increasing.

Feck it, in this country the more You play by the rules the more You get penalised:confused::confused::confused:

One of the best restaurants in Newbridge il ponto Nuevo closed without notice on Friday. I believe the staff turned up for work only to find it locked up. No notice given and their facebook page say it will reopen soon.

lanomist wrote: »
    One of the best restaurants in Newbridge il ponto Nuevo closed without notice on Friday. I believe the staff turned up for work only to find it locked up. No notice given and their facebook page say it will reopen soon.

Hmm, I wonder, any coincidence that their day restaurant ( Le Chisten ) also closed recently?

Bad form when a business closes without even having the balls to inform the staff. It's them I feel sorry for.

Hmm, I wonder, any coincidence that their day restaurant ( Le Chisten ) also closed recently?

Bad form when a business closes without even having the balls to inform the staff. It's them I feel sorry for.

AFAIK An Chistin is/was operated by different people, Donie & Siobhan Hurley and they retired after 25 years and gave a few weeks notice of their intention to retire.

But sure make up some BS and post it online and make it a disparaging remark.

Business is difficult in the best of times. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation not of your making with consequences you could never have forecast. - I had such situation myself about 20 years ago in a premises. We suddenly got a new landlord after the previous owner sold the building. He found a clause that meant he could turf us out. We got no notice and locks were changed, staff left bewildered - we had to get a court injunction to even get back in to get our stock.

So, before making up utter and complete horsesh1te - get verifiable FACTS. Not made up BULLSH1T.

I don't have any idea what has happened in this situation, but do know that sometimes things happen that are totally and completely outside your control and due to sensitivities /legal issues involved, you can't make comment.

So until the operators make a statement, try not making up sensationalist bull

CeilingFly wrote: »
    AFAIK An Chistin is/was operated by different people, Donie & Siobhan Hurley and they retired after 25 years and gave a few weeks notice of their intention to retire.

But sure make up some BS and post it online and make it a disparaging remark.

Business is difficult in the best of times. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation not of your making with consequences you could never have forecast. - I had such situation myself about 20 years ago in a premises. We suddenly got a new landlord after the previous owner sold the building. He found a clause that meant he could turf us out. We got no notice and locks were changed, staff left bewildered - we had to get a court injunction to even get back in to get our stock.

So, before making up utter and complete horsesh1te - get verifiable FACTS. Not made up BULLSH1T.

I don't have any idea what has happened in this situation, but do know that sometimes things happen that are totally and completely outside your control and due to sensitivities /legal issues involved, you can't make comment.

So until the operators make a statement, try not making up sensationalist bull

What are you on about? I asked a bloody question, Was it any coincidence that the owners of the property retired recently. And if not informing the staff who are reporting for duty is not an issue for you, oh maybe that is also prefabrication?

What are you on about? I asked a bloody question, Was it any coincidence that the owners of the property retired recently. And if not informing the staff who are reporting for duty is not an issue for you, oh maybe that is also prefabrication?

your post was factually incorrect (an chistin is not a sister establishment)

Your post insinuated that it was pre-planned

and with you disparaging "hmmm" you are insinuating that it was untoward.

and in above post you are assuming that the retired operators of an chistin own the property - do you ow that for a fact? (I doubt they own it - more than likely some hardball landlord)

I call your post BS.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    your post was factually incorrect (an chistin is not a sister establishment)

Your post insinuated that it was pre-planned

and with you disparaging "hmmm" you are insinuating that it was untoward.

and in above post you are assuming that the retired operators of an chistin own the property - do you ow that for a fact? (I doubt they own it - more than likely some hardball landlord)

I call your post BS.

No I don't know for a fact, and neither do you. Also you assume a lot by my hmmmm, who are you to go insinuating? And for your information, I never said it was pre planned. Who knows if it was or not? All I said it was a coincidence that the restaurant ( yes I used the word sister restaurant ) closed a few weeks and now IPN.

But so because you dont agree with my post you start throwing offensive remarks around. Going by your posts on boards you seem to think everyone is wrong and only you are right. And even if they are wrong, doesn't give you the right to start saying their posts are BS.

And another thing: Do you think it is right for a proprietor to shut up shop and not tell his/her staff? I don't care who you are that is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

is it full of Dubs?

No I don't know for a fact, and neither do you. Also you assume a lot by my hmmmm, who are you to go insinuating? And for your information, I never said it was pre planned. Who knows if it was or not? All I said it was a coincidence that the restaurant ( yes I used the word sister restaurant ) closed a few weeks and now IPN.

And another thing: Do you think it is right for a proprietor to shut up shop and not tell his/her staff? I don't care who you are that is wrong.

You seem to be tripping over yourself there! "I'm not saying it was pre-planned", then in next sentence "do you think its right just to shut up and not to tell staff" - suggesting that it was pre-planned - exactly the opposite of what you said in the previous sentence!!!

- The operators themselves had just a few hours notice of what would be done once the clock struck midnight and we were into a new month. Staff were told almost immediately.

Your "hmmm" was very pre-loaded and well you know that.

btw - it is a landlord issue and landlord is not the retired operators of the cafe.

Unfotunately, as they were on a sub lease and not there for more than 5 years (which would have given them right to tenure), the Landlord holds all the aces and can act whatever way he/she wishes.

• Advertisement

Would love to know who the landlord actually is . The strange thing about the closure of il pronto nuevo is that the restaurant that was there before them la bistro closed in a similar fashion. The owners coming in and clearing it overnight.

Advertisement