Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pub in Dundalk?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I was in two pubs mentioned on this thread last night. Feel a tad under the weather.

And going out for more punishment this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned the Dundalk Institute of Technologys very own pub. Perfect solution to a half day on Mondays..... and Tuesdays.... and well, every day of the week is a half day in that college when its your 4th year so you get the picture. Or having a quick few pints in the Malthouse before getting the bus right outside and having a sleep at 2pm on the way home. Twas great!! In fact that was the only thing I liked about the college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Courtneys for footie

Spirit Store for Music

Windsor for Pub Grub

The Neptune in Blackrock for Guinness

Beerkeeper for mmm well BEER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Would Fitzpatricks count as a Dundalk Pub love the place and the Blue Anchor in Bellurgan a bit of a kip but cheap drink and good craic:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

woody wrote:
    Blue Anchor in Bellurgan a bit of a kip but cheap drink and good craic:)

I used to drink there a lot myself ... I know the people who run it well ;)
    was there a few nights a go actually , dunno where you are saying that its good craic ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I hate ending up in Dessies but I always seem to - the lads are drawn to it like flies to ****. I do like to own the pool table on occasion though. :D And great for a game of snooker and a few pints over the weekend.

Hah.. you drag us there for the pool...

Ah no the pints of guinness are nice there alright... and your always gaurenteed to get a seat.

Up Dessie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Sarge wrote:
    I used to drink there a lot myself ... I know the people who run it well ;)
    was there a few nights a go actually , dunno where you are saying that its good craic ?

The Craic is usually with a few lads I know one who was in the Navy with me you may know him, lives on the first house on the road there belurgan point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hmmmm im not from the area i was going with someone from the area hence the blue anchor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Pheonix for best pub I reckon. Betty does a fantastic job looking after her regulars. Maybe she's a bit too cautious about non-regulars though :rolleyes:

Courtney's for the footy and for some pre-Riddleys pints!

• Advertisement

understatement of the day...ahem. Is it done up like a dogs dinner yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Pheonix for best pub I reckon. Betty does a fantastic job looking after her regulars. Maybe she's a bit too cautious about non-regulars though :rolleyes:

Courtney's for the footy and for some pre-Riddleys pints!
    Personally, Betty annoys the crap out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i dont make a habit of ever goin there to see what she's like!

As ErinGoBrath mentioned, she is generally extremely cautious around anybody she doesn't consider a "regular", and treats them with great suspicion. Which I'm sure most people will agree is not a particularly welcoming way to greet potential customers.

Then there are those who she just displays a blatant contempt for regardless of how long they've been around.
    Anyway, as I'm sure somebody will point out, if you don't like the service just don't go there. So I don't.

ah well so i can be guaranteed a 'friendly' reception if i did decide to grace that pub!!?? no thanks, ill neatly step aside into beerkeeper!!

Ah seriously she's not that bad :D

It's just if you look a bit dodgy or maybe underage she gets a bit freaked.

:v:

And she does have a habit of overdecorating somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads gonna be interested to see how she does to Loughrans aka The Railway Bar.I can see some of the old regulars getting into a bit of a strop if she acts the maggot with them.Is it true she hides customers coats sometimes just for the craic?.:confused:

she wont like Dundalk fans coming in after games and ..well..drinking pints

Ah seriously she's not that bad :D

It's just if you look a bit dodgy or maybe underage she gets a bit freaked.

:v:

And she does have a habit of overdecorating somewhat!
    Ah c'mon, she is :p She's fecking annoying. I used to go out with one of the barmen and she bloody tortured me. Maybe I'm just special. Yeah... I like that.

Maybe I'm just special. Yeah... I like that.
    always a good un to go with!!

• Advertisement

*is content*

i shoulda titled this: opinions on sweaty betty!

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads gonna be interested to see how she does to Loughrans aka The Railway Bar.I can see some of the old regulars getting into a bit of a strop if she acts the maggot with them.Is it true she hides customers coats sometimes just for the craic?.:confused:

Wow she's taking over Lockies? Never knew that. She'd have a micky fit when she see's all the heads coming in from Oriel Park.

I'm still sticking by my guns though - Sweaty Betty for Mayor!

Plus, you shouldn't be in distracting her staff bounty_hunter :eek:

Plus, you shouldn't be in distracting her staff bounty_hunter :eek:
    I wasn't! This would have been when he wasn't working. Jaysus, I could see her point otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

I love sweaty betty.. shes sexy :eek:

Is... is that you Betty?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sarge i'd edit that threat again if I were you.If the other Mods see it they'll be sniggering behind your back.Its a bit all over the place.
    Pighead wonders if anybody has sampled the joys of Wisemans on Bridge Street.One of the few pubs in town which have a pool table.Every pub should come equipped with a pool table.I remember back in the day watching live bands in Wisemans and shooting some magnificent drunken pool afterwards.It was a simple life but a great one.

I think you'll find that most Dundalkians who value their lives tend to avoid Bridge Street if at all possible.

dont think ive ever been in a pub on bridge street, and i dont intend on changing that anytime soon...ill stick to the park st/francis st area etc

pighead ive saved him the trouble, i wouldnt want to clog up any more threads with my useless points than i already have :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think you'll find that most Dundalkians who value their lives tend to avoid Bridge Street if at all possible.

True!

Advertisement