Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the long haired guys - barbers?

Options
  • 04-08-2020 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Been getting my hair cut at HeyU for years, but sadly Covid has closed them down permanently. Any recommendations for barbers who deal with long hair here in Cork city?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭cantalach

shnaek wrote: »
    Been getting my hair cut at HeyU for years, but sadly Covid has closed them down permanently. Any recommendations for barbers who deal with long hair here in Cork city?

Is long hair particularly difficult to “deal with” as you put it? I’d have thought that while precisely manicured coiffs require surgeon-like skill, long hair could almost be tackled with a garden shears. But maybe I have a different understanding of long hair. Last time I had long hair it was a sort of Woodstock refugee effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

cantalach wrote: »
    Is long hair particularly difficult to “deal with” as you put it? I’d have thought that while precisely manicured coiffs require surgeon-like skill, long hair could almost be tackled with a garden shears. But maybe I have a different understanding of long hair. Last time I had long hair it was a sort of Woodstock refugee effect.

It isn't difficult to deal with but a lot of barbers don't cut long hair, and I don't want to go to a salon - I just want a trim. These days I don't know that many long haired guys here in Cork, so I had to cast the net wider to find out where the long haired men of Cork go for a trim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Adam O'Callaghan. He operates out of Kopper hair salon, booking on Booksy.

https://www.instagram.com/adamoc_hair/

I've been going to him for nearly a year now and he is fantastic. He is a super nice guy to begin with, but his work is excellent. His portfolio is quite varied (from what he shares on Instagram) so am sure he might be able to look after you.

I've found him really easy going on Instagram, so it might be no harm to drop him a DM to see what he thinks before booking in.

Advertisement