Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnhall Meadows leixlip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Dylan94 wrote: »
    I dont think any of the houses have been finished yet. Also considering it, but the houses are quite small and their would be a lot of noise from M4.

What type are you looking at?

That’s something to consider too. Would like to see a showhouse hopefully. Realistically with our budget it will have to be ‘the Poplar’ but will wait and see. Have you you’re eye on any?

I dont think any of the houses have been finished yet. Also considering it, but the houses are quite small and their would be a lot of noise from M4.

What type are you looking at?

That’s something to consider too. Would like to see a showhouse hopefully. Realistically with our budget it will have to be ‘the Poplar’ but will wait and see. Have you you’re eye on any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I used to live on the south side of Rinawade and you could hear the noise from the M4 but it wasn't that disturbing, more like the sea in the distance. I'd say it would be a lot louder from Barnhall. I'm in Westfield now and I love it but there is a lot more noise from the road up to Intel.

missmatty wrote: »
    I used to live on the south side of Rinawade and you could hear the noise from the M4 but it wasn't that disturbing, more like the sea in the distance. I'd say it would be a lot louder from Barnhall. I'm in Westfield now and I love it but there is a lot more noise from the road up to Intel.

Whats Westfield like? Was looking there too but 415k for a 3bed semi is just too much for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

When we looked in leixlip we could hear the M4 from lots of the estates located in the area. Was the same in parts of Maynooth. From what I read the problem is the road was last surfaced in 1994 so has deteriorated quite a lot. There are plans to resurface the road with a low road noise surface which should make a big difference, but it could be a few years before it is done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The plans were kicked out due to the intent to widen the road to Maynooth; basically they don't want to resurface it and then replace it entirely a year or two later. This was decided AFTER announcing a start date for resurfacing.

Maynooth to Kilcock resurfacing is underway at the moment though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

hi! wrote: »

It will also likley be the popular for us too. We would like the alder but are concerned that the price of them will rise too much in the next phase. €385,000 for a small semi detached in Kildare seems like a lot though, for a house the size of the popular.

Whats Westfield like? Was looking there too but 415k for a 3bed semi is just too much for us.

We really like it, very happy with the house and location. It is expensive but we were lucky to get in on the first phase so got our house for 375k which was even a stretch for us at the time.

It will also likley be the popular for us too. We would like the alder but are concerned that the price of them will rise too much in the next phase. €385,000 for a small semi detached in Kildare seems like a lot though, for a house the size of the popular.

Agreed :( Buying in Leixlip would hopefully be our forever home but like you said looks quite small so will have to wait and see

We really like it, very happy with the house and location. It is expensive but we were lucky to get in on the first phase so got our house for 375k which was even a stretch for us at the time.

That’s good to hear :) yeah 40k in the difference is a lot! Beyond what we can get anyway- but who knows know with the uncertain market will they even sell at 415

• Advertisement

Agreed :( Buying in Leixlip would hopefully be our forever home but like you said looks quite small so will have to wait and see

I'm hoping the attic is high enough to be converted down the line. If not I will be leaving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Rosahane

That’s good to hear :) yeah 40k in the difference is a lot! Beyond what we can get anyway- but who knows know with the uncertain market will they even sell at 415

You might consider the older estates in Leixlip. Theres a nice house in Castletown, Leixlip going for €360K. Needs modernising buts lots of potential to expand and one in Ryevale in nice condition for €445.

The older houses have much bigger gardens, more parking, fireplaces and usually space to build on.

Rosahane wrote: »
    You might consider the older estates in Leixlip. Theres a nice house in Castletown, Leixlip going for €360K. Needs modernising buts lots of potential to expand and one in Ryevale in nice condition for €445.

The older houses have much bigger gardens, more parking, fireplaces and usually space to build on.

Thank you! Yes I’ve been keeping an eye on daft and second hand homes seem good albeit in need of some work. The lure of a new build is the HTB but if we keep saving a second hand will probably be the route we go..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

gardens, more parking, fireplaces and usually space to build on.
    It's not just the size but the amenities. Most of the new estates are on the outskirts of the town with a hefty walk (or drive) to get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

In terms of the area around Barnhall, is it generally pretty quiet. We have been out to view the site but arent from the area so hoping to get any views about any issues.

Also if anyone has bought there how the process has gone so far? We are also looking in Westfield so any opinions on which is better would also be welcomed.

In terms of the area around Barnhall, is it generally pretty quiet. We have been out to view the site but arent from the area so hoping to get any views about any issues.

Also if anyone has bought there how the process has gone so far? We are also looking in Westfield so any opinions on which is better would also be welcomed.

Pretty much all all of Leixlip is quiet. The worst that will happen around there is a few teenagers drink at the Wonderful Barn and I'd expect that will be less prevalent when the houses are occupied.

Incidentally, the Leixlip LAP or whatever it's called, has included in it's plans, a link road coming from the R449 roundabout on the south side of the M4 down along bythe HP campus to the R404 just over the motorway bridge past Barnhall. This will mean easy access to the M4 without going through the village or through Castletown to Easton Rd.

Incidentally, the Leixlip LAP or whatever it's called, has included in it's plans, a link road coming from the R449 roundabout on the south side of the M4 down along bythe HP campus to the R404 just over the motorway bridge past Barnhall. This will mean easy access to the M4 without going through the village or through Castletown to Easton Rd.

Will probably mean more traffic so between the estate and the town in future years.

No attic space in Poplar house asked EA :(

No attic space in Poplar house asked EA :(

Did they say which ones did?

• Advertisement

Did they say which ones did?

Didn’t ask about the others, but this was reply re Poplar

I wouldn’t think so. There is an attic with stira in each Barnhall Meadows property to date but the attics are not big enough for conversion

Didn’t ask about the others, but this was reply re Poplar

<i/> I wouldn’t think so. There is an attic with stira in each Barnhall Meadows property to date but the attics are not big enough for conversion <i/>

Okay, thanks. That's strange, all you need is 7ft in height to convert an attic. I thought the drawings on the planning permission looked big enough.

Thats a bit disappointing.

Okay, thanks. That's strange, all you need is 7ft in height to convert an attic. I thought the drawings on the planning permission looked big enough.

Thats a bit disappointing.

Yeah I was surprised. It might not be the same for all of them but not looking great for Poplar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

Has anyone heard anymore about when the next phase will be released, last i talked to the EA it sounds like August.

Has anyone heard anymore about when the next phase will be released, last i talked to the EA it sounds like August.

This Friday they are releasing new houses

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blesik

Hi, there - did you experienced any delays with the completion of the house? Our Agent said it will be less than 5 months and we see only foundation so far. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blesik

Hi there, has anyone experienced any major delays in their build? The agent has informed us it will take approximately 4-5 months but as of this weekend we only saw our foundation being made? Thanks

Our foundation was down about the time we put our deposit down, and we were in in about 6 months. That included a few weeks delay due to the big snow in March 2018. We also could have been in earlier but took a few weeks putting down floors and moving things in. Our neighbours were in about a month before us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

2shea wrote: »
    Timber framed houses? They aren't timber framed.
    The EA told me they were. Perhaps someone here that's bought one can clarify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Brianboru39

How are you finding it , Is the road noise annoying ?

We are considering buying after viewing twice in last few months , Love the houses but the road noise was very noticeable when we viewed

Advertisement