Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite dish installers Clare

Options
  • 10-03-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a reliable satellite dish installer in clare . sky were to do it but the guy didnt have a long enough ladder to get up to the old dish :rolleyes: they left all the equipment just need someone to install it .

i see this was asked before but the thread is years old so a lot of the same guys may not be doing it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

can anyone recommend a reliable satellite dish installer in clare . sky were to do it but the guy didnt have a long enough ladder to get up to the old dish :rolleyes: they left all the equipment just need someone to install it .

i see this was asked before but the thread is years old so a lot of the same guys may not be doing it .

I had this guy out recently "John O'Sullivan 086 8421282 full time installer of sat and aerials" (from the other thread I got the number). He did a good job, friendly and arrived on time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

+ 1 for John O'Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I have used John for years and would highly recommend him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Called John said hed call next day and he did. sorted it out without any hassle or grief. Perfect job. Nice to have a lad come when he says he will and just get it done :cool:

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Well done John. I phoned a local guy in Ennis a while back ( to sort out a tv) and he told me to read the instructions?? He than said he would call the next day and never bothered. I had already paid him to install the TV 6 months previous .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 The Collector

+ 1 for John O'Sullivan 086 8421282 who kindly fitted me in to a busy day so that I could see a football match that evening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

TV Guy in Lahinch is pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

TV Guy in Lahinch is pretty good!

Hi, looks like old post but looking for sky installer also for West clare. Name & number can you pm please. Kilkee area, got lad to fix dish after storm, channels missing after, sky came out after and wouldn't do anything. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

BPH wrote: »
    Hi, looks like old post but looking for sky installer also for West clare. Name & number can you pm please. Kilkee area, got lad to fix dish after storm, channels missing after, sky came out after and wouldn't do anything. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

If you are out of contract with sky, but still paying them, tell them that you're leaving as the reception has gone bad. They'll arrange for a new dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

BPH wrote: »

Mark Flynn in Milltown Malbay is good at that sort of stuff. I can't put up his number here because it's illegal on the Clare forum seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

finbarrk wrote: »
    Mark Flynn in Milltown Malbay is good at that sort of stuff. I can't put up his number here because it's illegal on the Clare forum seemingly.

It's not "illegal" but putting up someone's number without their permission could cause a lot of hassle for someone, for example someone might think it's funny to put up a friend's number saying it was for a sat installer, the friend could then be interrupted with unwanted phone calls. If you can link to an online site with the details please do otherwise PM it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Well I was told it was illegal/ banned a few years ago when I posted a Taxi drivers number, to help someone out on this Clare forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

finbarrk wrote: »
    Well I was told it was illegal/ banned a few years ago when I posted a Taxi drivers number, to help someone out on this Clare forum.

Its banned if you can't share another source for the number, as I said we don't want to be responsible for hoax/prank calls so we just ask for the data to be verified by another source which isn't too much of an inconvenience in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Clareman wrote: »
    Its banned if you can't share another source for the number, as I said we don't want to be responsible for hoax/prank calls so we just ask for the data to be verified by another source which isn't too much of an inconvenience in my opinion.

Would it make sense to differentiate between people who have very few posts and/or have a record of being messers and long time posters like Finbarrk who are almost certainly not going to play silly pranks?

If I was a business person, I'm only delighted for my number / contact details to be quoted and recommended.

Is it practical to make a rule that if you have >500 or >1000 posts you can post business numbers without other reference? I know several taxi drivers who don't have online presences so I would be unable to give another reference.

Advertisement