Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judas Priest - Firepower

Options
  • 08-04-2018 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Breaks me heart to see the Metallica and Maiden threads (bands I completely love) still being the most popular metal topics here when Judas Priest have just put both of them to shame with their new album. One of the finest pieces of straight up heavy metal released in years.
    That a band where the main members are pushing 70 have released such an album is utterly insane. No meandering, watery songs that go on forever without achieving anything. Just 3 to 5 minutes slices of consistently catchy, riffy and sharp heavy metal.
    And that's before mentioning Halford's vocal performance... It's just so fukcing satisfying.

Bang your head to Evil Never Dies and Traitor's Gate. Air guitar to Spectre. And sing along like absolute fcuk to No Surrender.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Didn't search? Nice thread title :D

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057826532/1/#post105735981

Ya it's a fine album, was at a rock bar in Sheffield this weekend and they cranked 'Lightning Strike' went down well amongst the usual classic tunes.

Seeing them this year and slightly disappointing to see just 3 tracks off it getting an airing so far on the US leg. Anyway hon the Priest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It’s a good album that gets better with every listen. Starts very well then dips a bit for a couple of tracks from ‘Evil...’, and gets really interesting again from ‘Guardians’ pretty much right through to the end.

We’ve no right to an album of such high quality. Especially considering ‘Redeemer’ was a good effort with four excellent tracks. They’re certainly not letting up, and delivering real value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

I saw Judas Priest on Sunday night and they were just amazing. Glenn Tipton made an appearance too which was nice. Scott Travis is an animal on drums. Halford's voice was brilliant. Just a brilliant, brilliant gig. Megadeth were ok too but sound wasn't great.

http://powerofmetal.dk/live-review/judas-priest-megadeth-royal-arena-copenhagen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Hope this thread isn't too old to resurrect, it's the most recent Priest one excluding the Ozzy / Priest one.

I just bought KK's book, about a third of the way through.
    Easy enough read but 2 things stand out:

1. What a horrible / depressing childhood he had (not just poverty but his father's behaviour).
    2. He doesn't have much nice to say about Glenn, admires his guitar playing but seems to think Glenn tried to take over or force his will on the band to KKs loss, especially around guitar solos.
    KK wanted to call the 4th album Stained Glass but Glenn suggested Stained Class which the band went with.

Only up to recording of British Steel so far, as I said easy enough read and it keeps your interest.

Gives me a great excuse to listen to some of the old albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Picked up a copy of the new Rob Halford autobiography in Eason's yesterday and was amazed to see it was "signed by the author"!
    Result!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

poundhound wrote: »
    Picked up a copy of the new Rob Halford autobiography in Eason's yesterday and was amazed to see it was "signed by the author"!
    Result!!!

I bought it last week, gonna wait til we’re deep in lockdown before I read it

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Dave Fanning interviewed Rob Halford on 2FM the other day. Rob's accent cracks me up. Seems like a nice fella. I just finished his autobiography. What a life he's had.

Advertisement