Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car wash/wax/polish

Options
  • 16-06-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some decent places in town (Ennis) for a car wash, wax and polish? Any idea of prices too. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some decent places in town (Ennis) for a car wash, wax and polish? Any idea of prices too. Thanks

I find the CircleK car was brilliant, gives a good wax/polish, i think its €12 for the top wash, i get it with my fuel card. I know a lot of people don't like the automated washes, I've heard good things about the manual washes on the Kilrush Road (beside Curleys) or at the Inver on the Lahinch Road but I've never used them personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Clareman wrote: »
    I find the CircleK car was brilliant, gives a good wax/polish, i think its €12 for the top wash, i get it with my fuel card. I know a lot of people don't like the automated washes, I've heard good things about the manual washes on the Kilrush Road (beside Curleys) or at the Inver on the Lahinch Road but I've never used them personally.

Cheers for that info Clareman. I'm one of those that isn't wild about the automated washes etc so I'defo prefer a manual job.
    Maybe someone has experience of the 2 you mentioned and could steer me in one direction or the other. I've never given my car a wax/polish, it's lucky if it gets a wash at times but I just want to treat it for the summer and for myself to feel like it's newer than it is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Cheers for that info Clareman. I'm one of those that isn't wild about the automated washes etc so I'defo prefer a manual job.
    Maybe someone has experience of the 2 you mentioned and could steer me in one direction or the other. I've never given my car a wax/polish, it's lucky if it gets a wash at times but I just want to treat it for the summer and for myself to feel like it's newer than it is!

No worries, i completely understand and have heard some nightmare stories about the machines but in my head if 1 of those machine were to damage the paintwork on my car I'd prefer to have Circle K to go after to get it repaired rather than a small car wash operator. It also helps that I get those car washes free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you are looking to give it a proper polishing and waxing it would take a bit more time and cost a bit more than a car wash with wax in it. The car would need to be de-tarred, deposits removed, polished and wax applied. Would probably cost around €50 or you can do it yourself if you're feeling adventurous :)

The Car Detailing forum on here is a great wealth of knowledge of sorting your own car out, 1 of my mod colleagues is has been known to go a bit mad with a clay bar in the past....

• Advertisement
Advertisement