Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotpoint uhs53s oven burning food

• 20-01-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Looking for some help guys. We have the above double fan oven. Today the Mrs was baking and it burnt everything after 7 mins.

I had a look and the following is what I could determine...

I turned the oven on as normal from cold and at first the fan didn't seem to turn. I turned it off and on again and then it seemed to start.

I turned the oven temp to 150 degrees. The indicator light stayed on for a very long time. 25 minutes plus, despite the fact that the oven seemed to be very hot.

We used it then later for dinner and it seems sane issue with the fan but stopped and started again and it came on. Cooked the dinner without issue but the indicator light stayed on throughout even though the oven was roasting so it's hard to judge when it's hot enough and how hot it actually is.

I don't think it's the element as it's heating up no problem.

I'm thinking fan or thermostat??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Replacement fan motor needed, get it changed asap or you will also need an element

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Replacement fan motor needed, get it changed asap or you will also need an element

Thank you. I will see if I can order one off the internet so. They seem dear for what it is.

So I replaced the fan and same issue still there. Oven seems to heat up but it wont say how hot it is as the light doesn't go off to tell you its at the desired temp. There seems to be no way to regulate the temperature in the oven.

Would that be the thermostat???

Fan seems to be running normally as it should.

Any ideas?

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

looks like you have had two issues here, fan motor replacement is common enough especially if it is sticking it will not distribute the temp around the oven, if after fitting the motor and it is still preforming incorrectly you also have a faulty stat, when replacing be careful not to kink the stat capillary or it will still not work correctly. if you have an oven thermometer set the stat for 150degrees and check it for accuracy, it will take approx. 11 minutes from cold for the oven temp light to go out

• Advertisement
Advertisement