Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW infotainment update - free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Shame Ford don’t do this, my 2016 Focus has a sat nav from the 18th century

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

how.gareth wrote: »
    Shame Ford don’t do this, my 2016 Focus has a sat nav from the 18th century

They do, Ford will take 3-400 quid off you to do it

Mind you VW/Audi will normally do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Very good though it's a pity the updates are only available for their discover media series and not the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Is it only a map update or are there any firmware updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

There’s nothing new here. Free map downloads have been available on MK7-gen radios since day one. It’s officially free only for the first 3 years of the car’s life but I don’t think that’s rigidly enforced.

it’s maps only. Firmware updates would be dealer only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

JoeA3 wrote: »
    There’s nothing new here. Free map downloads have been available on MK7-gen radios since day one. It’s officially free only for the first 3 years of the car’s life but I don’t think that’s rigidly enforced.

Cheers joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

pity the dealers don't do this when car in for a service, I'm crap at doing them update things etc

JoeA3 wrote: »

Might not be new to you but it was to me

NBar wrote: »
    pity the dealers don't do this when car in for a service, I'm crap at doing them update things etc

It's really handy, just need a 32GB SD card.....

What I would like is an update so you could use Eircodes but here is hoping 2020 brings that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Android Auto with Waze or Google Maps seems superior to built in Sat Nav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Android Auto with Waze or Google Maps seems superior to built in Sat Nav.

Definitely, hard to see the point in built in sat navs generally

projectgtr wrote: »

Maybe going forward, at the moment most cars don't support Android Auto/carplay....only starting to see on cars in last 12 months when bought new

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Can be projected to the active info display?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Maybe going forward, at the moment most cars don't support Android Auto/carplay....only starting to see on cars in last 12 months when bought new
    Definitely starting to be the norm, in saying that my missus has a 2013 polo with it, at the cost some places charge for upgrades it can nearly be as cheap to upgrade the headunit even for OEM
    Can be projected to the active info display?

The display in the dash cluster?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Definitely starting to be the norm, in saying that my missus has a 2013 polo with it, at the cost some places charge for upgrades it can nearly be as cheap to upgrade the headunit even for OEM

The display in the dash cluster?
    Yes. Only headunit navigation can be used on digital dash.

Advertisement