Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 18-01-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭

Wolverhampton 7:45 - Rail Dancer been on my tracker for quite some time and dropping down to a useful mark. Held up last time out and not put into the race at all, it still managed to finish just 3 lengths off the leader despite no effort and starting odds of 100/1 to reflect that. Dropped 3lb from that run, it should be bang in off previous form. I am not surprised to see some early money for this, and although the 20/1 is gone, 14/1 still available and for me a win only bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Haydock 4:15 - Sammy B a horse not seen for 440 days, I had fears I might not see it again, but it has popped up with having an entry tomorrow carrying bottom weight and an additional 5lb claim. Winner at Haydock last time it ran there off of 122, it's back down to 118 tomorrow so should be there with a chance. Probably needs the run , but I can't help but have a small bet on the outsider of the field at 25/1.

Navan 3:20 - a trappy race if if I've ever seen one. Not a high conviction pick, but I like the Gilligan horse which was a winner on handicap debut over hurdles off 104, but goes over fences off 102. A lot of poor horses in this race with a lot to prove, small stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Ascot 1.15 - risk and roll @ 3/1
    Poor tactics last time saw the horse held up and he jumped poorly but put in a short lived effort up the straight which was commendable,this is a much worse race and nicholls has put a 7 pound claimer up and after reading his blog he looks set for a prominent ride, if he avoids any serious errors he wins I think.

Ascot 1.50 - if you say run @ 3/1
    Should have beat the useful Mia’s storm last time but hung on the run in, Has fav to beat who is a similar type to Mia’s storm as she is a useful chaser going back hurdling, I think she will be too quick for the fav.

Ascot 2.25 - colonial dreams @ 8/1 e/w
    Unexposed and Big eye catcher last time on season debut where he travelled up well then blew up, should be much fitter today.

Haydock 2.40 - silver streak @ 2/1
    Best form in the field, should win

Taunton 2.50 - tea for two @ 10/3
    Worst race he’s ran in for a long time, I think he will appreciate the extra half mile too, big run expected.

Lingfield 3.10 - sea of reality @ 11/4
    Too keen on debut but showed up well to lead for long way until early exertions took its toll

Wolves 5.45 - a sure welcome @ 4/1
    Drop in trip to the minimum ideal for this keen prominent racer, he won over a furlong more last time after doing everything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Wolverhampton 7:45 - Rail Dancer been on my tracker for quite some time and dropping down to a useful mark. Held up last time out and not put into the race at all, it still managed to finish just 3 lengths off the leader despite no effort and starting odds of 100/1 to reflect that. Dropped 3lb from that run, it should be bang in off previous form. I am not surprised to see some early money for this, and although the 20/1 is gone, 14/1 still available and for me a win only bet.

I like Rossa's mount in that race too, Warofindependence. Damn good little jockey & he's only got the two rides tomorrow, other one doesn't strike me as having much of a chance so I'd take a chance on the second that he'll be riding to win.

I like Rossa's mount in that race too, Warofindependence. Damn good little jockey & he's only got the two rides tomorrow, other one doesn't strike me as having much of a chance so I'd take a chance on the second that he'll be riding to win.
    I like Warofindependence too, mentioned it one here myself, but could never trust it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I like Warofindependence too, mentioned it one here myself, but could never trust it.

It's finally back to its last winning mark though, can forget the run 3 runs ago where it finished stone last (class 5 & v inexperienced jockey) and been getting closer since. If Rossa can just get him to not break as slow & get him motoring a small bit faster, he's in with a good shot. At 8's I'm chancing it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Belami des Pictons could be chucked in based on his last run. Only worry is 400 day lay off. This is a really strong race on paper so it’s not going to be easy but I’ll chance it Ascot 3:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ascot 3:00

Flying Angel
    looks to have a decent shot here at a big price with some good course form. He steps back in trip and that should help. With the 4 places still on offer here in a lot of places 18/1 looks value

1 Point EW 18/1 4 places lads/sky and more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Face the facts then for willie well backed to odds on near the off and was a weakened 4th, something still doesnt seem right in the yard to me.

@haydockraces

3:45 Dicosimo is one I've fancied to do something this year, and this softer ground 2 miles should be ideal. He is off a good mark and wont be far away here 9/1 is value

1 Point win 9/1 sky/vc 8/1 elsewhere

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    Belami des Pictons could be chucked in based on his last run. Only worry is 400 day lay off. This is a really strong race on paper so it’s not going to be easy but I’ll chance it Ascot 3:00.

Non runner

Ascot 3:35

Is Altior going to win , almost certainly but in a slow run 3 horse race , with no pacemaker I think Fox Norton if back to form could give him something to think about and 10/1 is value.

1 point win Fix Norton 10/1 9/1

Mighty impressive from Cyrname

aidankkk wrote: »
    @haydockraces

3:45 Dicosimo is one I've fancied to do something this year, and this softer ground 2 miles should be ideal. He is off a good mark and wont be far away here 9/1 is value

1 Point win 9/1 sky/vc 8/1 elsewhere

Super pick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Just gonna leave this here

Un de Sceaux would have beaten Altior today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Altior wasn't tested though, hard to know how much was left in the tank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Pointless comment. If Uds was there He wouldve given Altior a chance to sit in rather than having to do his own donkeywork and altior probably wouldve been his usual monstrous self.

Pointless comment. If Uds was there He wouldve given Altior a chance to sit in rather than having to do his own donkeywork and altior probably wouldve been his usual monstrous self.

Not the way he jumped today !

He jumped left but flew every fence . UDS would have no chance st all on that ground . For me Fox Norton ran well and will get involved in whatever he runs in at the festival .

My point is he likely wouldnt have been dossing out in front and jumping like that with something to aim at which Uds wouldve been.

• Advertisement

Is that the way to beat altior? Footpad did something like that in his arkle, let the 2 away and took them late.
    Still hard to think anything over takes altior I'm last furlong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Ascot 1.15 - risk and roll @ 3/1
    Poor tactics last time saw the horse held up and he jumped poorly but put in a short lived effort up the straight which was commendable,this is a much worse race and nicholls has put a 7 pound claimer up and after reading his blog he looks set for a prominent ride, if he avoids any serious errors he wins I think.

Ascot 1.50 - if you say run @ 3/1
    Should have beat the useful Mia’s storm last time but hung on the run in, Has fav to beat who is a similar type to Mia’s storm as she is a useful chaser going back hurdling, I think she will be too quick for the fav.

Ascot 2.25 - colonial dreams @ 8/1 e/w
    Unexposed and Big eye catcher last time on season debut where he travelled up well then blew up, should be much fitter today.

Haydock 2.40 - silver streak @ 2/1
    Best form in the field, should win

Taunton 2.50 - tea for two @ 10/3
    Worst race he’s ran in for a long time, I think he will appreciate the extra half mile too, big run expected.

Lingfield 3.10 - sea of reality @ 11/4
    Too keen on debut but showed up well to lead for long way until early exertions took its toll

Wolves 5.45 - a sure welcome @ 4/1
    Drop in trip to the minimum ideal for this keen prominent racer, he won over a furlong more last time after doing everything wrong.

Bad day with 4 seconds.

Risk and roll got in a battle for the lead and didn’t jump great.

If you say run wasn’t good enough

Colonial dreams tanked a bit but ran well the winner is smart.

Didn’t like the tactics on silver streak, the winner was aloud an easy lead and nobody challenged him, would of thought that connections and jockey would have foreseen this and been closer to the winner, I’ve no doubt he’s better than the winner, mistake 3 out didn’t help either.

Sea of reality wasn’t as quick today and took a few furlongs to get going, ran well but never threatened the easy winner.

A sure welcome had a nightmare, started slowly and finished well but never really got back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

No he wouldn't have.

Altior wouldn't have drifted left as UDS would have been up beside him most of the way around as it was in the Tingle Creek going right-handed. Altior ran like a horse who's bored, he hasn't had a race you could say since the Tingle Creek. If UDS runs in the Champion Chase he'd need to be nearly 3 to 4L clear jumping the last to beat Altior. Never seen a better finisher to a race than Altior. Pinged the last today, and flew home.

He'd demolish any horse going up the Cheltenham hill with that long powerful stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Good call 16/1 e/w SP thanks still made profit. That horse should win at some stage hopefully not a penalty for 3rd.

Good call 16/1 e/w SP thanks still made profit. That horse should win at some stage hopefully not a penalty for 3rd.
    I was on the win, so the place was no good to me. I didn't think it was given any sort of run whatsoever, and I doubt the handicapper will think so either. It's definitely worth paying close attention as to where this goes next.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Is that the way to beat altior? Footpad did something like that in his arkle, let the 2 away and took them late.
    Still hard to think anything over takes altior I'm last furlong

Footpad had no choice. He couldn't go the gallop in the Arkle.

Kauto wrote: »
    Footpad had no choice. He couldn't go the gallop in the Arkle.

Why would he have wanted to. Ruby's not silly.

Advertisement