Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 18-01-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Dundalk 6:30 - Been waiting for this one for awhile, but Ishebayorgrey dropping into 0-65 company should give it a huge chance today. With an not unfavourable draw, he has bundles of winning experience at the track and drops down to a mark not seen since the start of its career. If it runs anywhere near to historic form, it should be far too good for this lot. 10/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dundalk 6:30 - Been waiting for this one for awhile, but Ishebayorgrey dropping into 0-65 company should give it a huge chance today. With an not unfavourable draw, he has bundles of winning experience at the track and drops down to a mark not seen since the start of its career. If it runs anywhere near to historic form, it should be far too good for this lot. 10/1

Been keeping an eye out for this one too. Much below usual form so far this season. Would much rather it was running over 7f. Has never won over the mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Also a follower of Ishebayorgrey - will be having a dabble

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

robbiezero wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye out for this one too. Much below usual form so far this season. Would much rather it was running over 7f. Has never won over the mile.

totally agree, I will wait until they drop him back to 7f now he is down to bottom grade

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

1.05 Gamain 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

A couple of small ew bets for tonight

Sharjah 6.00 off a mark of 65 surely must come into the reckoning .

The other is risky but Lady Rosebud may have lost her way since her last victory but has won 4 times here including 3 over C&D. The last win was off 60 and down to 53 tonight with a reasonable draw. Hopefully the little break she's had will have been what's she's needed and is still only 5 so hopefully not done with yet and at 33/1 with some bookies paying 4 places worth a nibble

GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

gazza1 wrote: »

The other is risky but Lady Rosebud may have lost her way since her last victory but has won 4 times here including 3 over C&D. The last win was off 60 and down to 53 tonight with a reasonable draw. Hopefully the little break she's had will have been what's she's needed and is still only 5 so hopefully not done with yet and at 33/1 with some bookies paying 4 places worth a nibble

GL

Whats the craic with different horses having the same name? Are names "copyrighted" or anything?? Could a fella who owns a horse call him Altior tomorrow if he so wished?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Whats the craic with different horses having the same name? Are names "copyrighted" or anything?? Could a fella who owns a horse call him Altior tomorrow if he so wished?!

Sharjah is a flat horse who plods around Dundalk. Sharjah (FR) is the Willie Mullins hurdler. The prefix fr means it is French bred, it has the same name, but was bred in a different country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Some names like Seabiscuit are retired with the horse, but others can be used a few times if the racing authority allow it, think it depends on the breeding so having FR or Ire in brackets after the name. They get final say on the names so you can't be going calling a horse 'Man Utd are Woeful' or stuff like that.
    The Americans have some brilliant ones, this one had me laughing for ages.

https://twitter.com/bettingbIog/status/1080600175528288256

In horse racing today, am going for
    12.55, Graceful James 5/2
    Steely Addition 2.45 chepstow 9/4
    Sprit Warning 6.15 Kempton 5/2 & Nylon Speed in the 7.15 6/4

Sharjah is a flat horse who plods around Dundalk. Sharjah (FR) is the Willie Mullins hurdler. The prefix fr means it is French bred, it has the same name, but was bred in a different country

I know that

The question i asked was, is there any issue with 2 horses having the same name......
    Is that not evident in my post?
    I never said it was the same horse?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I know that

The question i asked was, is there any issue with 2 horses having the same name......

I was under the impression that it was to do with the success of the horse, ie if it had won a graded or group race the name couldn’t be used again.

• Advertisement

I was under the impression that it was to do with the success of the horse, ie if it had won a graded or group race the name couldn’t be used again.

Wanted to call my first born Denman or Vautour, but the mare wasn't having it!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Sometimes a wee clip on the hind quarters sorts of the stubbornness 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

I know that

I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that Sharjah (FR) was named in France. Can't imagine they cross reference with Ireland or England during the naming process but i could be wrong. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Gougane Barra in 6.30. He is better class than these. Got a disgraceful ride last time. Decent pilot on tonight. Only worry is 1M. Would be better over 7F off a strong pace. Should still win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

5.00 Cj Cregg
    5.30 Marmalade N Toast
    6.00 Spruce Meadows (think Sharjah will be kept for a <65 race next time)
    6.30 Gougane Barra & Voyageofdiscovery
    7.00 Wild Shot & Azezati
    7.30 Silk Cravat & Sheisdiesel
    8.00 Charming Kid
    8.30 Hee Haw & Smart Stinger

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thought that sort of thing is illegal!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭loco-colo

Francie put up Chicago School 3.05 Ling last time @ 40/1.

Ran a nice race under a poor ride by todays jockey - Worth another chance I think and 28/1 a very fair price I would not have expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Received this text, it’s obviously been passed around so make of it what you will
    Well bud have a tip for yea . 7-30 race in dundalk Goodwood showman. Was talking to mark fahey it's he's uncle that's trains it said it has a very good each way bet but there hoping it will win. It was 33/1 it's 16/1 now. Pass it on two you mates if you want ðŸ‘

Received this text, it’s obviously been passed around so make of it what you will
    Well bud have a tip for yea . 7-30 race in dundalk Goodwood showman. Was talking to mark fahey it's he's uncle that's trains it said it has a very good each way bet but there hoping it will win. It was 33/1 it's 16/1 now. Pass it on two you mates if you want ðŸ‘

I’m on at BP available last night. I’m not as confident as I’d like to be but am more than hopeful. Pilot my main concern although supposedly well regarded by a certain Mr Bolger.

Words of the owner apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

loco-colo wrote: »
    Francie put up Chicago School 3.05 Ling last time @ 40/1.

Ran a nice race under a poor ride by todays jockey - Worth another chance I think and 28/1 a very fair price I would not have expected.
    Running out of the handicap this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that Sharjah (FR) was named in France. Can't imagine they cross reference with Ireland or England during the naming process but i could be wrong. GL

There was a Sharjah in the states too
    https://www.irishracing.com/horse?name=Sharjah&prt=109036

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

gazza1 wrote: »

GL

Sharjah surely has a right chance.

Azezati of Andy Olivers (7pm) is a good filly, will come on a tonne for her stable debut and will win soon if not tonight.
    Beau Satchel an obvious danger in the same race.
    Both are nice prices, the extremely underpriced fav making it an appealing market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Jayzus every Tom Dick and Harry is called Sharjah !!

Alcander in the 6.00 is one to keep an eye on, if you could guarantee he was fit he would be a serious e/w bet on last years form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know that

Yes there is an issue , you can't do it just like you can't register colours that already belong to another owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Easy Pass in the 5.30. Eyecatching last time out and steps up in Trip with 10lb Taken off by the Jockey and has a lockt draw.
    Im having a little ew.

Ishebayorgray shaped well bit ran into desperate bother 2 out

Charming kid should be winning the 8.00
    Should be shorter really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Charming Kid destroys them

• Advertisement
Advertisement