Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek ds 2019, anyone have one or older model ?

Options
  • 17-01-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Getting back into cycling soon. I'll be buying a trek ds 2 2019. It just ticks all the boxes for the type of bike I need. I'm getting it on the cycle to work scheme from pennyfarthing cycles as my mate owns the shop so I'd rather give him the business.

Has anyone got a trek dual sport please ? What are they like ? Are there alternatives that would be better ?

I need a bike that can go on roads and gravel, light tracks etc.

https://www.pennyfarthingcycles.com/5642/products/2019-trek-ds-2-mens-hybrid-bike-in-black.aspx

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Not a big fan of that treks geometry. The kind of riding you describe why not treat yourself to a gravel bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

byrnem31 wrote: »
    I'm getting it on the cycle to work

As you're getting 50% off and you can only do that once every 5yrs it makes sense to use most of it up if have the funds available now. Im surprised to see hydraulic disks on a €500 bike so maybe its a steal but stepping up to an €800 model might get you something a little nicer. Don't go too high if its to be locked places.

Also Pennyfarthing really aren't trying with that single crap image. Maybe suggest to your mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Not a big fan of that treks geometry. The kind of riding you describe why not treat yourself to a gravel bike?

They seem to be very expensive.

ED E wrote: »
    As you're getting 50% off and you can only do that once every 5yrs it makes sense to use most of it up if have the funds available now. Im surprised to see hydraulic disks on a €500 bike so maybe its a steal but stepping up to an €800 model might get you something a little nicer. Don't go too high if its to be locked places.

Also Pennyfarthing really aren't trying with that single crap image. Maybe suggest to your mate.

Yeah I'll mention the single pic to him.

I don't want to go too mad. I live in tallght and the bike will be left around the square and the village.

I bit the bullet and got the ds 2 today. I have to wait for cycle to work to process.

It's a good bit heavier than the fx 2 and I'm doubting myself now and think I should have got the fx ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement