Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete bike or frameset suggestion.

Options
  • 17-01-2019 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I am looking for more comfy bike than my current road bike which frame has a race geometry. I don’t find cycling today as comfortable and pleasant as I did 10 years ago so much so that I’ve been going around on a cargo for last few years and road bike was used on rare occassions. But when I did it was quite uncomfortable, tough on my neck and on a longer spins that I was doing on it I would be getting pins and needles in legs and private areas.

I did have a bike fit, but I also gained a good amount of weight since my golden years. I would like to get back into road cycling again but compared to my upright position on a heavy cargo bike this one is just not pleasant to go on for hours. I could push on in hope I force the body to adapt to it but I’d say I will get burnt out quickly and go back to cargo for daily school runs etc.

So I think a new bike is needed, one that will fit my current physical shape and accommodate for all pains and aches developed in last 10 years or so and possibly motivate me to go out and suffer again. And climbing with 30kg more is not fun.

I am looking for a good deal on a complete bike or I could reuse my 6800 groupset from my old bike and get a frameset.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just for reference, what's your current road bike?
    comfort may be more than just the angles and explicit geometry, it could be a harsh frame due to materials, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭omri

just for reference, what's your current road bike?
    comfort may be more than just the angles and explicit geometry, it could be a harsh frame due to materials, etc.

It’s a focus cayo full carbon. I have a saddle with the groove in the middle and thick bar tape for more comfort. I ditched clipless pedals for the sake of platform ones I’m using on my cargo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hmm, a quick look at reviews seems to suggest it's considered a reasonably comfortable bike, but somewhere between race and endurance in where it's pitched?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

When did you last have the bike fit? If it was before you put the weight on maybe get another done. I can recommend bikefittingireland.com if your on the East coast.

will weight affect what is the correct size bike for you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement