Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon bars recommendations....

Options
  • 16-01-2019 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Getting a new Orbea Orca end of next month, and the bars dont allow for the barend di2 junction box, so looking to get a set that will do that, would like to go carbon and possibly get a matching stem with integrated gps mount.
    Any recommendations that wont break the bank altogether?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Anybody?!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

My fsa k wing was possibly the best upgrade iv ever made to a bike, esp as my shoulder gets really painful on long rides and these bars absorb so much of the road buzz. got it cheap for roughly 150 on one of the German sites, think it ws bike24. Not sure how the di2 integrates but the cable routing is all internal.

My fsa k wing was possibly the best upgrade iv ever made to a bike, esp as my shoulder gets really painful on long rides and these bars absorb so much of the road buzz. got it cheap for roughly 150 on one of the German sites, think it ws bike24. Not sure how the di2 integrates but the cable routing is all internal.

Cheers, I'll have a look at those. Orbea use fsa stuff so might be anything get it they the shop I'm buying the bike from, at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I’m close to pulling the trigger on carbon bars and have narrowed it down to two: Deda SuperZero Carbon bars, they’re compact short reach/drop and have internal cable channels or S-Works hover bars which have a 15mm rise which means I can remove 15mm of spacers from under the stem (currently have 20mm) They’re also short reach/shallow drop but cables are routed externally. Both are similar price at €170 approx so just need to decide I prefer the look of best.

I’m close to pulling the trigger on carbon bars and have narrowed it down to two: Deda SuperZero Carbon bars, they’re compact short reach/drop and have internal cable channels or S-Works hover bars which have a 15mm rise which means I can remove 15mm of spacers from under the stem (currently have 20mm) They’re also short reach/shallow drop but cables are routed externally. Both are similar price at €170 approx so just need to decide I prefer the look of best.

Thanks for the reply.
    So they both teams the did bared junction box do you know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement