Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis vuitton bag as a present

Options
  • 15-01-2019 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all
    Looking to get my wife a Louis vuitton shoulder totes bag as a present for her 30th, then I seen the price of them in brown Thomas!!
    Has anyone recommendations for getting them slightly cheaper ie online shop or am I going to have to bite the bullet and pay €940?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Be vary careful looking for a deal, you may end up buying an expensive fake which is just a waste of money.

I think your best buying from BTs to be safe. You'll also be able to then bring thr bag back if there are any issues with defects etc.

Are you sure which exact bag she wants?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭granty1892

GingerLily wrote: »
    Be vary careful looking for a deal, you may end up buying an expensive fake which is just a waste of money.

I think your best buying from BTs to be safe. You'll also be able to then bring thr bag back if there are any issues with defects etc.

Are you sure which exact bag she wants?

yeah i know the exact one but yeah i think you're right paying the little bit extra with the mindset of knowing i can bring it back, its real etc etc is probably worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

wish you were my husband !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

There's a store in Dublin called SiopaElla which sells second hand designer goods. Check with them if they have what you are looking for in stock.
    But other than that you should probably go with BT's to be sure it is genuine, I wouldn't chance anywhere else as it's a gift for someone. If you are buying it in BT's perhaps bring her in with you to enjoy the whole buying experience (minus the paying!)

Tina82 wrote: »
    wish you were my husband !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Try the Designer Exchange on Dawson St if you are open to something that isnt brand new. They do pre loved designer goods, and check them for authenticity, condition etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Second this from BT's or if you happen to be travelling to the UK, with the exchange rate it might be cheaper.
    Same again if you have a friend in the US for holidays and can get VAT off....

does anyone know if its PM or MM i get as in the popular one for shoulder totes neverful bag??

I have the MM myself and its perfect size for me, thats the middle range size one...

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Maybe its not practical to do, but fly to Paris and go to the main LV shop on the Champs Elysees , same bags up to 30-50% less and from the real deal.
    Should be possible to look them up and get some prices.

I've done this route and it adds a good story line to the present :)

• Advertisement

Deanov wrote: »
    I have the MM myself and its perfect size for me, thats the middle range size one...

she is petite around 5ft so will need to check if MM is ideal

Maybe its not practical to do, but fly to Paris and go to the main LV shop on the Champs Elysees , same bags up to 30-50% less and from the real deal.
    Should be possible to look them up and get some prices.

I've done this route and it adds a good story line to the present :)

im here to try save money not spend more!! LOL but thanks anyway for the idea

granty1892 wrote: »
    Deanov wrote: »

she is petite around 5ft so will need to check if MM is ideal

I’m about 5 “2 so it should be fine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to fashion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Siopaella is a funny one IMO, like...I know they have to make a profit, but to be the discount off the retail price isnt enough for me to consider buying second hand.

The other thing to consider is that this is an investment. LV bags tend to go up in price every year, for example my speedy 30 bandouliere that I bought last year is already €60 more expensive in BTs than I paid and thats just in a little over 12 months.
    So if you look after the bag and keep all its trappings (box, dustbag, etc) then if your wife ever gets bored of it, she can resell it (to the likes of Siopaella or I've seen a lot for sale on adverts etc) for a good chunk of what you paid, even second hand.

When you compare this to spending €50 here and €70 there on high street brands which will never have any residual value, then (to me at least) buying designer isnt as mad as it sounds.

Advertisement