Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d12 cervelo worth it?

Options
  • 03-01-2019 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Am going to go invest in a Cervelo P3 for next IM and beyond so looking at pricing options, would you go with the d12 upgrade for the money - looks approx 1500e. Am a middle of the pack racer who really enjoys the distance events and am only looking to beat my previous times - thanks - appreciate any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

I have Di2 on a Scott road bike, mechanical on my tri bike and other road bike. On the Scott, it’s great, especially the climbing buttons, and tuning the rear derailleur is so much easier. Shifting chainrings is also much nicer.

From a value point of view, I’m not sure if I’d bother with it on a tri bike, given the relative lack of shifting in a triathlon or TT race compared to on a road bike. It’s nice to have but when I put away the Scott for winter and jump on the other road bike, I can’t help but feel that Di2 is not much more than a nice luxury to have, rather than a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Electronic shifting is a nice to have, not a necessity. If you can afford it and you like it, get it. If there is something else you actually need that you should spend your money on, do that instead.... It won't turn you from a mid-packer to front of pack racer so no point in basing your decision on performance (imho).

Advertisement