Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biggest tumble dryer in the house?

• 29-12-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭

We currently have a 7kg condensing tumble dryer that I think is only OK. I would love one like they have in launderettes. Are they on 3 phase or single and would one that size rob me on electricity?
    The one we have is still working but I am thinking a more efficient one that could take a full washing machine full and dry them quick. We have two kids (one is an absolute slob) and I'm a plasterer so there is always a wash on in our house

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

Have a 9kg (hotpoint). Works well with a family. Gets a run most days

Paired it with an 8kg easier so there’d be more room for clothes to tumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clement

How about a gas dryer

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭pawdee

Bullocks wrote: »
    We currently have a 7kg condensing tumble dryer that I think is only OK. I would love one like they have in launderettes. Are they on 3 phase or single and would one that size rob me on electricity?
    The one we have is still working but I am thinking a more efficient one that could take a full washing machine full and dry them quick. We have two kids (one is an absolute slob) and I'm a plasterer so there is always a wash on in our house

I'd say it's a yoke like this you need:

https://www.speedqueen.com/products/dryers.aspx

I think they run on gas but I don't know how heavy the consumption is. I saw one for sale in a Homevalue store so you can definitely get them this side of the pond.

Speedqueen also do commercial stuff but I'd say you'd be looking at big money. The one above was about a grand if I remember correctly. I often think the same as you when I see my other half farting around with small loads of washing. Why not get some heavy machinery in and get the job done fast? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If you have a lot of drying to do the Speed Queen is the way to go but they come at a price approx. 1500e. In a normal household a large cylinder of gas will run it for the year. I repaired a 20 year one recently and after the refurbish I reckon it will do another 10 years work.

If you have a lot of drying to do the Speed Queen is the way to go but they come at a price approx. 1500e. In a normal household a large cylinder of gas will run it for the year. I repaired a 20 year one recently and after the refurbish I reckon it will do another 10 years work.
    Even at that price, it would probably work out cheaper than replacing the drier several times as you would have to do if you bought the (crappier) domestic units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Thanks for all the replies folks . The speed queen sounds like what I want . There is no rush yet but I'll be putting a few bob together for it I think though .
    Any danger of them going on fire at all ?

Advertisement