Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

camper van wiring central lock

Options
  • 24-12-2018 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All.
    I am trying to install the new central lock in my campervan ( 1999).
    I also would l like to tide up the the whole installation and add few cables .

do you know anyone who can help me. I am based in Tallaght .
    Thanks ,
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Bargain Alerts

Hi Pudels,

Auto-electrical habitation electric installation is generally a very expensive sport. The reason being it's labour intensive to do a good job that's reliable, got redundancy, electrically and mechanically sound. Couple that with the fact that very few people know how to wire a camper the simple reason being the installers don't live on the systems they "design".
    Compound it by the fact that most of the equipment for the market is over-rated and unfit to task....you could end up paying a lot for an underwhelming result.

The cost of proper industrial DC switchgear, correctly sized cabling, adequate and expandable distribution that I recommend instead of fisher price leisure-camper gubbins will make your eyes water (hence I get most of mine used on the Eblag). It does what it says on the tin though.

I honestly think most people are best off DIYing.

If you want to drop me a pm I can offer services and/or advice.

Central locking sounds fun...haveya got the motors mounted and coupled?

Advertisement