Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018 - Round 20 – Brasil

• 06-11-2018 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭

As the world championship is decided we are now going to see the real championship decided. There is a chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday, what might spice things up a bit.

DrPd9dqXgAA8Tsb.jpg:small

All sessions on Sky F1 and the Online Service
    Friday November 9, Free Practice 1, 13:00-14:30
    Friday November 9, FP2, 18:00-18:30
    Saturday November 10, FP3, 14:00-15:00
    Saturday November 10, Qualifying, 17:00-18:00
    Sunday November 11, Race, 17:10-19:10
    Sunday November 11, Highlights on C4, 22:30-01:00

Predictions:
    Hamilton Win
    Ricciardio DNF
    Honda points

Talking points:
    Will Hamilton give a win back to Bottas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This will be the last time we get live access to the Channel 4 commentary before the UK :(
    No coverage of FP3 because of live coverage of Italy v Georgia but everything else is live.
    On Channel 4, Qualifying highlights will be at 8.45pm on Saturday and race highlights will be at 10.30pm on Sunday

If you wish to check out Sky's coverage instead, the race is being carried on Sky One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

flazio wrote: »
    This will be the last time we get live access to the Channel 4 commentary before the UK :(
    No coverage of FP3 because of live coverage of Italy v Georgia but everything else is live.
    On Channel 4, Qualifying highlights will be at 8.45pm on Saturday and race highlights will be at 10.30pm on Sunday

If you wish to check out Sky's coverage instead, the race is being carried on Sky One.

Nice one. I do prefer Channel 4 but still nice to get to see the race live although I do sometimes think qualifying can be more exciting and more tense than the race.
    I will still watch the C4 highlights after too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Spotted on reddit.

nbxf7ykntvw11.jpg

Renault not impressed with Max then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hamilton on pole
    Vettel win
    Max on podium
    Haas double Points finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

this is considered High alt again isn't it . Not as bad as Mexico but still up there.
    Does than align with Red bull been in with a shout for an other Pole ......and Dani Ric's car failing again ( no conspiracy here what so ever )

I see Toro Rosso are bringing everything this weekend , The New Aero pack for the car and the Spec C honda engine . 2 races left to make there new Red Bull overlords all happy.

Gonna Say Alonso fails to finish as his F1 career fades way ....been looking like that over the last few races .

The Forecast from F1.com

The forecast…

For those of you who enjoy a wet Brazilian Grand Prix – and there have been some good ones over the years – you might be in luck this weekend, with a 40 per cent chance of rain predicted on Friday, rising to a 50 per cent chance across Saturday and Sunday. That rain will be accompanied by some chillier-than-usual temperatures as well, with highs of just 20 on Friday, falling to around 18-19 for the rest of the weekend.

that might make it interesting .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Joeface wrote: »
    this is considered High alt again isn't it . Not as bad as Mexico but still up there.
    Does than align with Red bull been in with a shout for an other Pole ......and Dani Ric's car failing again ( no conspiracy here what so ever )

I see Toro Rosso are bringing everything this weekend , The New Aero pack for the car and the Spec C honda engine . 2 races left to make there new Red Bull overlords all happy.

Gonna Say Alonso fails to finish as his F1 career fades way ....been looking like that over the last few races .

The Forecast from F1.com

The forecast…

For those of you who enjoy a wet Brazilian Grand Prix – and there have been some good ones over the years – you might be in luck this weekend, with a 40 per cent chance of rain predicted on Friday, rising to a 50 per cent chance across Saturday and Sunday. That rain will be accompanied by some chillier-than-usual temperatures as well, with highs of just 20 on Friday, falling to around 18-19 for the rest of the weekend.

that might make it interesting .

Interlagos is the 2nd highest circuit at 780m apparently, about the same as Austria and no where near Mexico City at 2230m. I don't think the altitude is a factor here, but the rain might mix things up nicely.

Aaaaand

Ricciardo is taking an engine penalty. He needs a new part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

pjohnson wrote: »
    Aaaaand

Guaranteed a bit of action early on so

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

50% chance of rain all 3 days.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Aaaaand

While nothing official has been said yet he was just waiting in the pit lane for 10mins before FP1 so that confirms it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Fact: Bottas is the only one of the top three teams to have not won a race this year yet.

Will Hamilton give him one or will Hamilton's form not be 100 per cent now that he has his fifth WDC title?

Also the constructors title still has to be won and Ferrari need to win by 13 or more points to stop Mercedes winning it in Brazil. Maybe it will go down to the wire.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

AMKC wrote: »
    Fact: Bottas is the only one of the top three teams to have not won a race this year yet.

Will Hamilton give him one or will Hamilton's form not be 100 per cent now that he has his fifth WDC title?

Also the constructors title still has to be won and Ferrari need to win by 13 or more points to stop Mercedes winning it in Brazil. Maybe it will go down to the wire.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-bottas-win-in-return-mercedes/3210325/
    Lewis Hamilton says he “wouldn't be doing many favours” to Mercedes Formula 1 teammate Valtteri Bottas if he was to hand the Finn a grand prix win in return for Sochi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Impressionen-GP-Brasilien-Interlagos-Formel-1-Freitag-9-11-2018-fotoshowBig-9ff1ad01-1200438.jpg

Ocon has a 5 place grid penalty for a new gearbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Surely Bottas has to get one of the last two. He's been the most unluckiest driver this year. I've been backing him all season, not gonna give up now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll have to fire up GT Sport later to do a race at Interlagos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Looked like a Haas that blocked Bottas, if it was Grosjean wonder if he would get penalty points

Drivers are reporting rain now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭Harika

Hoping for the gates to open

• Advertisement

Rain in 4 mins, Ferrari swapping to softs

Wow Hamiltons roadblocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Oh that could have been a right mess

Jesus, what was Lewis up to? Brain fart.

Hamilton might end up with a penalty for either of those 2 incidents. The Sirotkin one was a very close call, could have been a huge shunt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hamilton could get done for that Sirotkin block

The Raikonen block was different, plenty of room on the racing line for Kimi but he didn't use it.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hamilton could get done for that Sirotkin block

The Raikonen block was different, plenty of room on the racing line for Kimi but he didn't use it.

He'll have to get something for the Sirotkin one. Obviously unintentional, but that could have been very nasty.

Legendary lap by leclerc

What a lap from Leclerc in those conditions

• Advertisement

What a lap by LeClerc!

Harika wrote: »
    Legendary lap by leclerc

He's a superstar, bring on next year. Vettel should be very worried

Vettel in trouble with the stewards after the weighing incident. Apparently he's broken the scales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Well, Seb managed to destroy the weigh scales by driving off of it and is going to be in trouble.

Vettel in bother

Broke the weighing scales by driving off it instead of being pushed off it. Refused to turned the car off while being weighed aswell according to sky.

Possible penalty is DQ from qualifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Inviere

skipper_G wrote: »
    Hamilton might end up with a penalty for either of those 2 incidents. The Sirotkin one was a very close call, could have been a huge shunt

Slam dunk 3 place penalty for the Sirotkin incident. Unintentional, but if it were the other way around I'd expect Sirotkin penalised so fair is fair.
    Vettel in bother

Broke the weighing scales by driving off it instead of being pushed off it. Refused to turned the car off while being weighed aswell according to sky.

Possible penalty is DQ from qualifying.

OOohhh. Bad form bringing him in at that moment though.

• Advertisement

If Vettel gets a penalty he only has himself to blame, he should know better.

Should be Bottas starting first after Hamilton and Vettel get penalties

Should be Bottas starting first after Hamilton and Vettel get penalties

Prefer Kimi to nail pole & take the win

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sky saying Lewis' won't be looked into. Crazy bias if they don't. Shows how much they want to keep Mercedes happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Hamilton is a law unto himself, you can be sure if the reverse happened Sirotkin would be penalised.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Sky saying Lewis' won't be looked into. Crazy bias if they don't. Shows how much they want to keep Mercedes happy

That’s unacceptable if true, as someone else mentioned if the roles were reversed Sirotkin would have a definite penalty.

That’s unacceptable if true, as someone else mentioned if the roles were reversed Sirotkin would have a definite penalty.

They didn't say it won't be looked into, they said there's no indication it's being looked at yet. Talk about bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

More Mercedes / Sky bias when Mr DiResta asked Vettel about the weigh bridge incident and said sweet FA to Hamilton about side swiping Sirotkin. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Inviere wrote: »
    They didn't say it won't be looked into, they said there's no indication it's being looked at yet. Talk about bias.

Bias from me or the stewards?

More Mercedes / Sky bias when Mr DiResta asked Vettel about the weigh bridge incident and said sweet FA to Hamilton about side swiping Sirotkin. :rolleyes:

Vettel had been called to the stewards office by then, Lewis hadn't. Is there an element of not wanting to influence a stewards decision? I'd agree with Seb though, it was a nuts moment to bring him in and do a weight check.

Thanks for clarifying, I changed over to the rugby so didn't hear it for myself. Hopefully it is looked at, I have a massive gripe with the disparity in how rules are applied to the big teams and small teams. Goes back to Kimi smashing into Sutil in Monaco.

Thanks for clarifying, I changed over to the rugby so didn't hear it for myself. Hopefully it is looked at, I have a massive gripe with the disparity in how rules are applied to the big teams and small teams. Goes back to Kimi smashing into Sutil in Monaco.

Same, it's a slam dunk 3 place penalty in my books (for the Sirotkin incident, I think the Kimi incident is of much lesser note). I don't think it's fair to hold different drivers to different rules.

Apparently Sky Italia are saying Lewis won't be penalised because Sirotkin was on an out lap...can anyone confirm? I thought he was on a timed lap myself. Still, should it not be reviewed under the potential dangers of the move, rather than how inconvenienced someone was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,585 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Apparently Sky Italia are saying Lewis won't be penalised because Sirotkin was on an out lap...can anyone confirm? I thought he was on a timed lap myself. Still, should it not be reviewed under the potential dangers of the move, rather than how inconvenienced someone was?

Apparently he was on an out lap,
    BUT
    It was till a dangerous move by lewis,
    Ans absolute nonsense what was done to Vettel.
    I suppose the FIA knew Vettel had pole and just wanted to upset him before his run.

Update: Vettel fined €25 grand and reprimanded but as he did turn engine off and they did get car weight no disqualification. We have a race tomorrow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement