Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics

Options
  • 28-10-2018 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

"Did every candidate complete the required number of questions?

Can someone answer this for me and explain how, I don't do numbers. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    "Did every candidate complete the required number of questions?

Can someone answer this for me and explain how, I don't do numbers. Thanks!

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

500 candidates did 5 questions each. How many total questions were answered?

How many answered Q1, 2, 3...

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

1. If 500 people each answer 5 questions, then how many questions will get answered in total?

2. Now look at the table telling you how many attempts there were at each question. Can you figure out the total number of questions attempted?

If 1 matches 2, then it's certainly possible that everyone attempted the right number of questions. (However, even in that cases, it's also possible that some answered more than the required number and others answered fewer, so there's actually no way of answering this question on the basis of the information given.)

Advertisement