Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

"I would prefer if people didn't know what I was earning, but I definitely wasn't motivated by money," D'Arcy said.

...says the fella who plagued almost every guest about what they earned. I used to defend Ray a lot on here, but that's dopery of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Will this mean that there will be no more Mammies dancing around their Kitchens with their babies as they will be too busy on the school run.. :D

Also why does Ray need two producers? Its hardly taxing reading out text from said Mammies dancing around their kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just heard a promo on the news at 1. Feck sake sounds exactly the same as todayfm. An over excited mammy and mentions of runing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sebcity wrote: »
    And he admitted he wouldn’t have made the movie without his wife Jenny, who returns as his producer.

What movie?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Typo for "move" I'd be certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

BPKS wrote: »
    If you take into account the voluntary redundancy package Janny Kally would have gotten when she left Today FM and fact she is now employed again by RTE, the D'Arcy household wage will be well up you can be guaranteed.

If she left on her own account then she wouldn't have a redundancy package.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

If you take into account the voluntary redundancy package Janny Kally would have gotten when she left Today FM and fact she is now employed again by RTE, the D'Arcy household wage will be well up you can be guaranteed.

What voluntary redundancy package?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Did Today FM have a voluntary redundancy scheme last year? Did Jenny Kelly avail of it? You're making a lot of assumptions there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Funny that the people who were "forced" to listen to Ray seem to be in line to be forced to listen to him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Funny that the people who were "forced" to listen to Ray seem to be in line to be forced to listen to him again.

Is he broadcasting yet?

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Is he broadcasting yet?

No.

But read the first few replies in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

This thread is fantastic.
    His last one was full of the same posters having a go at him over and over ad nauseum. They couldn't change station because their heads were shoved up to the speakers by bosses who paid them.....:rolleyes:
    What's their excuse this time? The guy hasn't even started yet.

As regards the potential content of his show, rte are well aware of the kind of broadcaster he is. They're not paying him the wage he's getting on an afternoon slot to start banging out house music.

Best of luck to him, I won't be listening as I'd rather moncrieff but for the lads having pops at him before he even starts you ought have a little think about it.

All the thread needs is the return of mikey weston!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

digzy wrote: »
    As regards the potential content of his show, rte are well aware of the kind of broadcaster he is. They're not paying him the wage he's getting on an afternoon slot to start banging out house music.

To be fair, an hour and a half of bangin' choonz would really liven Radio 1 up after Liveline.

"The Liveline stays open until 3.15. Now, here's Maniac 2000 on a loop for 90 minutes."

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

There are two morning show host I can't listen to. Marty Wheelan and Ray D'Arcy. It's nothing personal, I just don't enjoy listening to them.

Moncreiff I like a lot but I wouldn't be prepared to listen to everthing he does.

Lately I have had a good alternative. Since he started, Marty Morrisey is a far better Radio host than Mooney ever was. All IMHO of course.

So if past behavior is indicative of future action I suspect I am going to miss Mr Morrisey come friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I wonder where they got the fake callers for the promo... I think this was a stupid thing to do.... Cos everybody knows that the callers are fake since he is not on air yet...

I wonder where they got the fake callers for the promo... I think this was a stupid thing to do.... Cos everybody knows that the callers are fake since he is not on air yet...

Is there a way to listen to the promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I will listen in on his first morning, more so for radio Bingo, to see how many hours...sorry minutes before the great man mentions running, Kate, Tom, Jenny, sugar, height and how many kids and what ages are they?

I will listen in on his first morning, more so for radio Bingo, to see how many hours...sorry minutes before the great man mentions running, Kate, Tom, Jenny, sugar, height and how many kids and what ages are they?

Bitter :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

digzy wrote: »
    This thread is fantastic.
    His last one was full of the same posters having a go at him over and over ad nauseum. They couldn't change station because their heads were shoved up to the speakers by bosses who paid them.....:rolleyes:
    What's their excuse this time? The guy hasn't even started yet.

Best of luck to him, I won't be listening as I'd rather moncrieff but for the lads having pops at him before he even starts you ought have a little think about it.

All the thread needs is the return of mikey weston!!

not sure that is entirely true. I dont recognise anyone complaining from the other thread. I was one who complained on the other thread, and I'm delighted now, as I wont have to listen to him anymore. Todayfm is on our work radio, and thats it, so there'll be no complaining from me anymroe about Darcy.

I hope it works for him, and maybe he'll change up his show. The change may do him good, and the sly digs he has been getting since leaving Todayfm may well spur him to adjust and give a more positive outlook to his show and more varying topics.

bruschi wrote: »
    not sure that is entirely true. I dont recognise anyone complaining from the other thread. I was one who complained on the other thread, and I'm delighted now, as I wont have to listen to him anymore. Todayfm is on our work radio, and thats it, so there'll be no complaining from me anymroe about Darcy.

I hope it works for him, and maybe he'll change up his show. The change may do him good, and the sly digs he has been getting since leaving Todayfm may well spur him to adjust and give a more positive outlook to his show and more varying topics.

Listening figures would suggest a lot of people like his show. I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Listening figures would suggest a lot of people like his show. I loved it.

good for you. not sure what relevance that has to my post.

bruschi wrote: »
    good for you. not sure what relevance that has to my post.
    The change may do him good

Eh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

mbur wrote: »
    There are two morning show host I can't listen to. Marty Wheelan and Ray D'Arcy. It's nothing personal, I just don't enjoy listening to them.

Moncreiff I like a lot but I wouldn't be prepared to listen to everthing he does.

Lately I have had a good alternative. Since he started, Marty Morrisey is a far better Radio host than Mooney ever was. All IMHO of course.

So if past behavior is indicative of future action I suspect I am going to miss Mr Morrisey come friday.
    At least he shuts to f**k up and lets his guests answer his questions. Not like the other fellow who would talk all over them and disagree with them at any opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Well you'll be waiting because his new show isn't on in the morning it's on at 15:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The TV advert is cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

NIMAN wrote: »
    The TV advert is cringeworthy.

It certainly is "What would you do if you could'nt run" Jesus Christ :D

gazzer wrote: »
    It certainly is "What would you do if you could'nt run" Jesus Christ :D

Walk? Catch a bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I saw him on with Neven Maguire the other night. looked like he could do with a good feed. He's wasted away to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Will 'Fix it Friday' still be part of his schedule?

I'll explode with excitement when I have 'Fix it Friday' & 'Funny Fridays' when the are on the same day.

*insert sarcasm here*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

can;t see the show going well, is probably a stopgap till he gets moved to the morning slot on 2fm.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement