Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Scrap Ricky to Alli :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Snodgrass/Vardy to Sane/Ings for -4 I'm thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Alli to Ramsey if there's any indication Ramsey will start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Being Salahless is killing me. Have to get him in. Haz/Trippier out for Salah/Clyne or another value Def before price changes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Snodgrass/Vardy to Sane/Ings for -4 I'm thinking

With mendy back soon I expect sane minutes to suffer I feel like you've missed the boat on that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Did two things I basically never do, transferred early and took a hit.

Zanka and Paterson out for Bednarek and Jota. Had only 0.1 to spare on the move so figured between them they could easily rise 0.2 over the week after Jota's heroics and surely Bednarek can't stay at 3.9 forever considering he starts every game now and they've great fixtures coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Think I'll go against the trend and hold on to Ricky. I can see Hud taking a lot of hammerings going forward and I think I'll adopt a strategy of having the most dangerous player playing them most weeks.

I'll probably bring Kola back this week, they could do serious damage in four of their next five games (and have serious damage done to them in the other).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Think I'll go against the trend and hold on to Ricky. I can see Hud taking a lot of hammerings going forward and I think I'll adopt a strategy of having the most dangerous player playing them most weeks.

I'll probably bring Kola back this week, they could do serious damage in four of their next five games (and have serious damage done to them in the other).

Ricky is not Evertons most dangerous player

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Ricky is not Evertons most dangerous player
    Well he and Siggy have the same number of goals but Ricky has done it in less minutes, it could be argued either way but its not an argument I'm interested in having. Ricky to Siggy would be a very sideways move so I'll hold Ricky rather than use a transfer on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Aguero owners.. are you going to hang on to him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭COH

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Aguero owners.. are you going to hang on to him?

VS Newcastle.... absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

COH wrote: »
    VS Newcastle.... absolutely

This is the Newcastle that tend to put 11 men behind the ball in big games.

There is also no guarantee Aguero starts, like it’s not as if he did much today - pretty much anonymous bar the assist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    This is the Newcastle that tend to put 11 men behind the ball in big games.

There is also no guarantee Aguero starts, like it’s not as if he did much today - pretty much anonymous bar the assist

Big teams have no problem putting 2 goals into them. 11 men or not. City have two games between now and next league game. I've a feeling Jesus will play both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

I know we've only one season to go on but it doesn't look good for Richarlison. Did nothing in the first half of 2018 for Watford, good start to Everton life but relatively quiet lately.

Until Everton buy a striker, Ricky will continue in that role (or at least for a good bit of his game time) where he isn't suited to. Best on the left IMO and until they get someone decent in that position, I won't go near him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Big teams have no problem putting 2 goals into them. 11 men or not. City have two games between now and next league game. I've a feeling Jesus will play both.

2 goals is hardly a thrashing or a reason to keep Aguero - he's not in form. A lot of people have this image of players that they could score big and just keep them - ala Hazard, when there is no evidence that they are going to score big. Today for instance, how many shots this Aguero have? City don't need to rely on Aguero this season as Sane/Sterling are all chipping in with goals.

Aguero has 2 goals and 2 assists away form home this season. I doubt he would be even seen as a captain choice given the way other players are playing, so he's not essential and he does cost a lot which probably could be better spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero is fairly pointless to own these days. Sterling and Sane are much better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Best Richarlison replacement? Have 7m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

sheroman01 wrote: »

Townsend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Aguero is fairly pointless to own these days. Sterling and Sane are much better options.
    Yup...

Sane 127
    Aguero 104

Double digit scores
    Sterling 5
    Sane 5
    Aguero 2

I've owned Aguero 3 times this year but the facts speak for themselved at this stage. We buy him for nostalgia reasons at this stage.

That 5 goals in 20 minutes against Newcastle was a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

sheroman01 wrote: »

Moura perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

opinions on kevin de bruyne?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

darego wrote: »
    opinions on kevin de bruyne?

Short answer is wait 'till after the blank in GW27.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yup...

Sane 127
    Aguero 104

Double digit scores
    Sterling 5
    Sane 5
    Aguero 2

I've owned Aguero 3 times this year but the facts speak for themselved at this stage. We buy him for nostalgia reasons at this stage.

That 5 goals in 20 minutes against Newcastle was a long time ago

Statistically, if Aguero has only hit double digits twice, not played as many games, then he really is not doing too bad.

Will not be signing him, as Sterling is captain and ederson between the sticks. Also like to swap sane in every so often when he hits form.

Big price tag for someone who might not play.

In saying that I've had hazard in for a few weeks now and it does what it says on the tin (hazard)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i may chance going without City attackers soon enough. Sané is the standout option at the moment. Mendy due back soon. City are still competing in 4 competitions. Add in international games. It's all very messy. Add in you'll never feel totally comfortable captaining any of them.

Back when Aguero was only getting ~60 mins each game, I made the point at the time that it was a good thing as he was guaranteed to start and would build up a decent score in that time. I miss those days, simpler times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

I will be mulling over a switch to auba but most likely will wait till gw 27.
    Home games against arsenal and Chelsea after the Newcastle game . He could do damage against both but most definitely arsenal . Maybe not Chelsea and thats when the switch will happen probably

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »
    i may chance going without City attackers soon enough. Sané is the standout option at the moment. Mendy due back soon. City are still competing in 4 competitions. Add in international games. It's all very messy. Add in you'll never feel totally comfortable captaining any of them.

Sterling is the best to own. There are no half measures with him. When he plays he gets 90 minutes. When he doesn’t start he is left off and therefore you’ll get your 8th attacker or 4th defender in.

Aguero, Sane, Bilva & Dilva are full of cameos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Statistically, if Aguero has only hit double digits twice, not played as many games, then he really is not doing too bad.
    Minutes Played
    Aguero 1351
    Sterling 1653
    Sane 1309

Games missed
    Aguero 4
    Sterling 3
    Sane 0

There's no case for Aguero really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Definitely think sane could lose out when Mendy is back despite his good form. Sane provides the left footed width which Mendy can provide when back.

Expect the bald fraud to go full rotation when him and KDB are fully fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you have to look at Liverpool and Manchester City a bit differently. their wingers are essentially their strikers.

Arsenal's focal point is Auba.
    Spurs' is Kane.
    Chelsea's is Hazard, but if Sarri-ball works, it'll be their striker who really profits points-wise (Higuain's 36 in 35 for Napoli is testament to it).
    Utd's is looking like Rashford, and was Lukaku.

Pep's ideal goal is one of his wingers on the corner of the 6 yard box squaring it to the other winger for a tap-in. that's their aim - to pull the opposition from side to side, leaving a spare man out very wide, who can square it for a finish.

Salah is essentially Liverpool's striker, with Mane on occasion drifting in to that position too.

Aguero is not needed right now IMO. you'll captain Salah or Sterling before him too, especially as Jesus has come into form.

Advertisement