Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of house in a week

Options
  • 20-01-2019 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just looking for a bit of a steer. We’ve sold our house and are moving out next weekend. There’s a bit of a delay on the new house so will be in the in-laws house for a couple of weeks. I know that I need to contact esb and gas company with final readings and to end contract etc. I’ll be moving my internet and sky to the new house when it’s ready (I assume they’ll have no problem disconnecting me and reconnecting in a few weeks if I’m happy to keep paying the bill). Anything else I need to do provided wise before moving out? Or anything else I’m missing?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Hey guys,

Just looking for a bit of a steer. We’ve sold our house and are moving out next weekend. There’s a bit of a delay on the new house so will be in the in-laws house for a couple of weeks. I know that I need to contact esb and gas company with final readings and to end contract etc. I’ll be moving my internet and sky to the new house when it’s ready (I assume they’ll have no problem disconnecting me and reconnecting in a few weeks if I’m happy to keep paying the bill). Anything else I need to do provided wise before moving out? Or anything else I’m missing?

Get your mail re-directed. Change the addresses on your bank accounts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Hey guys,

How are you on building and contents insurance? You could inform the insurance company
    as you might be with the in laws a while. The insurance company could either freeze the policies until you have details of the new property or even give are fund of what was paid until the renewal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Edgware wrote: »
    How are you on building and contents insurance? You could inform the insurance company
    as you might be with the in laws a while. The insurance company could either freeze the policies until you have details of the new property or even give are fund of what was paid until the renewal date.

Thanks that’s something I had forgotten about. Have a new policy on the new property already just waiting on the start daye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

4ensic15 wrote: »
    Get your mail re-directed. Change the addresses on your bank accounts, etc.

Thanks for that. Have changed all the accounts to online statements for the moment. I’ll call every other company that sends me post tomorrow to have it changed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Life Insurance
    Health Insurance
    Visa, Mastercard
    Driving Licence
    Car Insurance
    Car log books
    Eflow
    Social Welfare if any payments are due
    Credit Cards
    Amazon, EBay, PayPal, Parcel Motel etc
    Any Tesco, SuperValu, Argos etc cards you have

Library cards etc. Go through your wallet and any cards you have consider changing the address. Also the files etc where you have all your bills and change these.

Also consider changing all bills to email rather than post in the future as most companies give some kind of discount for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,704 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Address changes with

Revenue
    Your employer(s)
    Kids schools
    Doctor
    Vet
    Dentist
    Cervical smear and/or breastcheck register
    Credit union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Post redirect takes a week to get the pin number sent to you for activation.

We got ours on move day.

Do the redirect and cal the company's when you move. Take pressure off.

Bins

Advertisement