Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung American side by side..

• 19-01-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

Hi folks we have a Samsung rs21dcns and in the last few days the fridge door won't close properly and you really have to slam it closed for it to close.

Even at that you can see it's still not sealing properly and the fridge is on overtime cooling as you can see loads of ice behind the veg drawers! Is it something as simple as changing the seal on the door?..?????

We have this over 14 years so maybe it's time to change, I see new ones range from 600 to 6000 euro! Other than having a tablet stuck on the door what's the difference?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I bought an LG American fridge recently. It took me a while to understand the price difference.

Size plays a big part in the price.

The really cheap ones won't have water & ice.

Some that do have water and ice aren't plumbed. You need to fill a water storage tank in the fridge. Not needing to plumb it is handy but the water tank takes up room you'd need in the fridge.

Some have the ice maker and storage in the door freeing up a lot of space in the freezer.

In the end I bought an LG for 1400 from Currys Inc delivery. Its large, plumbed and the ice maker is in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If the door wont close properly start by removing all the shelves and try it again, if it is still not right the door has dropped and the bottom shelve on the door is getting caught on the fridge base. to sort it unplug the fridge and tilt it back against the wall (with some help from the neighbour) and remove the bottom hinge and fit a few washers on the pin of the hinge, this will raise the door when re assembled and should sort it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

If the door wont close properly start by removing all the shelves and try it again, if it is still not right the door has dropped and the bottom shelve on the door is getting caught on the fridge base. to sort it unplug the fridge and tilt it back against the wall (with some help from the neighbour) and remove the bottom hinge and fit a few washers on the pin of the hinge, this will raise the door when re assembled and should sort it

I done all that as they have a small but on the base of the door to facilitate adjustments! I have removed the seal and washed it but looking at it closed it's sealed in the middle but the gap in noticeable at the top and bottom of the door. A new seal is 70 quid I might order one tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Truckermal wrote: »
    I done all that as they have a small but on the base of the door to facilitate adjustments! I have removed the seal and washed it but looking at it closed it's sealed in the middle but the gap in noticeable at the top and bottom of the door. A new seal is 70 quid I might order one tomorrow..

before you spend any money on it try rolling newspaper into lengths that will fit inside the old seal, this should push it out and will also confirm if a new seal will fix it

Advertisement