Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Buy In Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Could you make a sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Any opinions on Tullyallen? seems to be a pretty good location, near enough to town but in the countryside. Close to m1 so good access. any feedback on the area? Rough? Quite?

5 minutes from Drogheda, right beside motorway and best of all, beside oldbridge. Would happily buy there myself. I grew up in the area before moving to Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Any opinions on Tullyallen? seems to be a pretty good location, near enough to town but in the countryside.

May not be in the countryside for too much longer. There are plans to build 7000 houses in that area with planning permission for the first phase of 2500 already granted and the land purchased (by the council).

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/new-road-link-approved-for-planned-7-000-home-town-1.889756

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Possibly 20%_30% social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭gipi

Scotty # wrote: »
    May not be in the countryside for too much longer. There are plans to build 7000 houses in that area with planning permission for the first phase of 2500 already granted and the land purchased (by the council).

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/new-road-link-approved-for-planned-7-000-home-town-1.889756

That's not in Tullyallen. The proposed area is between the North Rd and the Ballymckenny Rd.

Louth Co Co didn't get funding for the development of the road from the government, so nothing will happen yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

gipi wrote: »
    That's not in Tullyallen.
    Apologies! I'm always mixing Termon Abbey and Tullyallen up!

Yep, the funding was rejected. I think Drogheda was the only major town to not get funding which I presume it a precursor to an extra large payment next time round??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Anyone own a listed building in Drogheda? I'm currently looking at making an offer on a listed building in Drogheda town centre, William Street to be exact. The area seems very nice, lots of great cafes and shops around, and the one way traffic system means the road its on isn't all that busy. Just not sure about how the council are with regards to listed buildings? It seems the town is quite old and a lot of the old architecture is preserved, which I love about Drogheda, but how much of a pain is it to work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Sheeps wrote: »
    Anyone own a listed building in Drogheda? I'm currently looking at making an offer on a listed building in Drogheda town centre, William Street to be exact. The area seems very nice, lots of great cafes and shops around, and the one way traffic system means the road its on isn't all that busy. Just not sure about how the council are with regards to listed buildings? It seems the town is quite old and a lot of the old architecture is preserved, which I love about Drogheda, but how much of a pain is it to work around?

If it is the Victorian terraced one it's a stunning house. I drove by it today. Good luck with your plans.

Pipmae wrote: »
    If it is the Victorian terraced one it's a stunning house. I drove by it today. Good luck with your plans.

That's the one. Bit of a dodgy extension at the rear, but nothing that's not fixable. Ended up in a bidding war and bailed out after a couple of rounds. It'll be a stunning home for who ever gets sale agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Anyone know of new developments planned for the southside of Drogheda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

It’s beside the Boyne Valley Hotel. Lovely estate. Any houses that come up for sale generally get snapped up very fast. I live there for the last 6 years and am very happy. Great neighbors and lovely houses. Nice and private with only 47 houses in the estate,all detached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Mr Jinx wrote: »

No but there is one planned for Gormanston.

Mr Jinx wrote: »

Knightswood is still being built up at the moment, if that's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 edkelly11

Anyone know if there is a new phase of Avourwen due to be built? and if so when? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lavender26

Any opinions on Tullyallen? seems to be a pretty good location, near enough to town but in the countryside. Close to m1 so good access. any feedback on the area? Rough? Quite?

Try Ballymakenny or Monasterboice - Theyre rural but 5 - 7 minute drive to Drogheda town very, close to MI, close to sea side villages like Clogherhead and Termonfeckin, theres local schools, shops and church in the area too, nice little community vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lavender26 wrote:
    Try Ballymakenny or Monasterboice - Theyre rural but 5 - 7 minute drive to Drogheda town very, close to MI, close to sea side villages like Clogherhead and Termonfeckin, theres local schools, shops and church in the area too, nice little community vibe.

What shops are in Monasterboice? Isn't it pretty much Donegal's and the GAA club?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lavender26

What shops are in Monasterboice? Isn't it pretty much Donegal's and the GAA club?

There are rural shops near Ballymakenny, Harestown shop just up the road in monasterboice and Sandpit a two minute drive away.

McNamara, beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Good location all things considered. Close to Dublin road / M1 and train station. Walk into town. Bit of a rich apartment : house ratio though given the thousands of acres of farmland around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Where is this proposed development, is this the field opposite St Mary's school gate roundabout, or somewhere else completely?

475154.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

It took a bit of digging, but here is the website with all of the proposed development documents. https://www.bryanstownshd.ie/

To answer your question, it's going to be on the Beamore Road just past Millmount Abbey and Lagavooren.
    First thoughts are they would need to upgrade the roads around there significantly as it's already rather traffic choked in the mornings and evenings with the schools as it is. I don't think that existing stretch of the Beamore Road would be up to scratch as an access road for a major estate either.

14vpy0m.png

Yeah I'd not be happy to see more traffic on the beamore rd. There are 2 houses on the left as you head down the hill that will end up all but surrounded from the looks of it. Can't imagine they'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Only way that will go ahead is if a particular auctioneer gets the deal to sell them, as happened in Grange Rath. How they can sit on the council that decides PP and be the selling agent is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Can see locals objecting as with anywhere else, but can't think of many better locations for new development in terms of accessibility. Granted the local infrastructure will need to be upgraded. Apartments not too fitting with the local however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

There was a notice of some sort put up on that bend a few weeks ago, possibly planning permission. Must have a read of it next time I'm in the area.

It's odd that they're turning that site into housing, yet Avourwen still hasn't been finished for some reason.

Drogheda's getting a bit cluttered in my opinion. Lots of talk of new places being built, but for some reason some of these places just don't sit well with me. I don't like that area chosen for the development for some reason. Same with the planned estate down on the marsh road. I can't put my finger on what it is, but something just seems a bit 'off' with the plans for the estates around the town at the moment.

The proposed site above, in Beamore, could do with some commercial aspects (any planned?). A chipper, centra, hairdresser etc?

Where was the one on the Marsh rd going to go? Between Weirhope and the Grammar School maybe?

Open to correction, but I think it would have been across the road form Weirhope (somewhere between Ship St and the Boyne Fishermen).

• Advertisement

Oh right ok, makes sense. There is a lot of stuff on that side that is derelict or has already been torn down and lying idle. What became of the Marsh House there actually, or is that still idle?

Advertisement