Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RPZ query

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

If a tenant were in serious difficulty and could not meet the full rent, as declared to the PRTB, and in a rental agreement, it would be legally possible to amend the agreement. As the Revenue have access to all documentation, the landlord would need to have evidence of the new arrangement in the form of receipts, bank statements etc. The landlord may consider a new arrangement preferable to leaving people without a home and also incurring a huge amount of inconvenience himself. Agreements between tenant and landlord have frequently fallen into abeyance in the past, usually when a tenant leaves before the end of the agreement,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Aye Bosun wrote: »
    Current tenant has just handed in their notice. I’ve friends who’ve hit hard times and I’d like to assist if I can, I was thinking about letting them rent the place from me for a few years at a reduced rent to let them save and get back on their feet.

So my question is, if the property is currently rented for €1500/m and to help my friend out I’m happy to reduce the rent to €1000/m for the few years they need it, when it comes to renting the property again I am only allowed increase the rent by 4% on the €1000 rent or can I revert back to €1500/m which is market value.

Basically, I don’t want to be penalised in the long the run for doing friends a favour and find the property can only be rented out below market value after the leave!
    This is very simple.

If you want to charge your friends €1,000 p/m then do that.

You can then increase the rent in line with the RPZ conditions.

Advertisement