Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30-30/ 30 wcf ammunition

Options
  • 10-01-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I'm looking at picking up a rifle in 30-30 soon but I can't find any ammunition stocked anywhere i look online. Anyone know of a good place for some ?

Thanks lads 👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Patrick carley has had 30-30s for sale in the recent past, id say he'd stock it or would be able to get it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭brugmand

He just got rid of all the 30wcf he had, did some calling around and so far shops will have to order them in specially for me if I want to get some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Try "the gun shop" in wexford, I bought some 170gr Remington corelock off him a few years ago.
    I had a constant supply from crescent sports in Monkstown but since I moved away he closed up shop, unfortunately.

As you said though you will probably have to order in a batch and in all fairness, you are better off ordering a case anyway as it will last you a while and you know it is all from the same batch number and as such wont have much of a variation round to round. buying a box here and there is pointless when you have to rezero constantly its just a waste of money.

Where are you based? do you know what kind of round you are going to order? i may be tempted to go halves with you if you dont want to buy the whole 200 rounds.

juice1304 wrote: »
    Try "the gun shop" in wexford, I bought some 170gr Remington corelock off him a few years ago.
    I had a constant supply from crescent sports in Monkstown but since I moved away he closed up shop, unfortunately.

As you said though you will probably have to order in a batch and in all fairness, you are better off ordering a case anyway as it will last you a while and you know it is all from the same batch number and as such wont have much of a variation round to round. buying a box here and there is pointless when you have to rezero constantly its just a waste of money.

Where are you based? do you know what kind of round you are going to order? i may be tempted to go halves with you if you dont want to buy the whole 200 rounds.

I actually couldn't say what specific rounds I'm after yet as I don't have any experience with it yet. I'm based in west cork and I'd be happy to go halfs when the time comes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

brugmand wrote: »
    I actually couldn't say what specific rounds I'm after yet as I don't have any experience with it yet. I'm based in west cork and I'd be happy to go halfs when the time comes

There was another dealer i bought some rounds off down your way he was out in kerry, i cant remeber exactly but ill have a look for his number, he had the 160gr hornady leverevolution at the time.

• Advertisement

Cool, ill have a look on Google for shops around Kerry and do some calling

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hack12

Pat O'Mahony in Kerry is the man that should have some.

Does he have a website or a number I can call ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hack12

Pat OMahony +353 87 624 2911 or try his fb page

Advertisement