Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor

Options
  • 15-08-2017 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Moving house and now need to sort out a solicitor. Where to start?! What's the going rate for handling both buying and selling a property? What should I be looking out for?

Please post any helpful advice. Also, if anyone has experience of a good one in South Dublin please PM me :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

I'm in the same boat as the OP but based in North Dublin. Can anyone suggest a good solicitor and/or what the general going rate is for them while buying a house?

Got a quote for €1400 plus VAT today. Thought it was alright but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 veray

Same here, looking one around D8 area but happy also with Dundrum/Sandyford. So far got quotes from 1.4k to 1.6k, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

Not sure many solicitors will go under the €1,400 plus vat mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cootel

Would love if someone could PM me a solicitor recommendation for Dublin (south city)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

same here, Would love if someone could PM me a solicitor recommendation for Dublin (south city), thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 olkon

Would also love if someone could PM me a solicitor recommendation for Dublin North City thanks.
    Is €1400 - €1600 the price all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Would love a PM on a recommendation for a solicitor in Lucan/Leixlip/Celbridge area if anyone has any helpful info, I have to choose one by this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

If someone could pass me on any recommendations for a South Dublin solicitor and/ or surveyor that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Would love if someone could PM me a solicitor recommendation for Portlaoise :) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Hi Guys

Looking for a South Dublin solicitor and/ or surveyor please.

Any recommendations via pm please.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Hi, looking for one in South Dublin or the city too, would appreciate a pm. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rob007

Hi, also looking for a solicitor in south Dublin for a house purchase. Could you PM me the details please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Catlady76

Not all have to be local I used a solicitor in town when I was buying my apt they were really great very efficient, when selling the same property 8 years later I used a different guy we paid him out 1800 total so that would prob be 1500 plus vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Don't go for the cheapest one you can find, they will be inundated with work and unable to provide a satisfactory service should things get complicated. You only need to go about 150-200 higher and you'll find someone who will be much easier to get hold of etc. There is an excellent solicitor in North Dublin, PM me (you or anyone else) who wants his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jenceire

Don't go for the cheapest one you can find, they will be inundated with work and unable to provide a satisfactory service should things get complicated. You only need to go about 150-200 higher and you'll find someone who will be much easier to get hold of etc. There is an excellent solicitor in North Dublin, PM me (you or anyone else) who wants his details.

Hi Samuel, can you PM me with solicitor info?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_killer

ciarang85 wrote: »
    PM Sent
    Hi,

ciarang85 could you please PM the solicitor details please? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In doing a A house purchase/ sale in 2 counties and my solicitor is in a third.

Don't let location stop by you getting someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just to update. I got my bill today for buying and selling a house.
    Approx 1700 including vat and all search fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Can you pm me too please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 HenriettaD

If anyone could send me on any recommendations for a North Wicklow/South Dublin solicitor and/ or surveyor that would be great! Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Don't go for the cheapest one you can find, they will be inundated with work and unable to provide a satisfactory service should things get complicated. .

This is correct. Don’t go for cheapest. House deals are complex, and a good and well paid solicitor will work a lot harder for you then a bargain basement one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

First time buyer, I’m looking around for a solicitor and have 2 quotes so far for just over 5k

Seems expensive or would this be reasonable

Stamp duty being 1900 from the total

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

Hi can you pm me with this solicitors details please thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Can you PM me the solicitor details as well, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sorry if I missed anyone I'd unsubbed from the thread PM me and I'll PM you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Hi all

Could anyone pm me the details of a good solicitor they worked with for conveyancing?
    I'm selling in South County Dublin and buying in North County Dublin so open to any solicitor located anywhere in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

Hi,

Can someone pm me a solicitor based in Dublin 10 or nearby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fia11

Our solicitor fees are 2.5k. We spoke to a few and they were all in and around that. This seems higher than what is quoted on here, is it because we're first time buyers? confused.com/n00b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Mine was 2,000 for selling and 2,500 for buying (ex VAT). They were really good, prompt, responsive, proactive with updates and lovely to deal with.

Heard some horror stories about not being able to contact solicitors, no calls returned, no progress updates etc.

So, was happy to pay maybe a little extra knowing that I was being kept up to date, and that I could get hold of them if I needed to.

Advertisement