Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Racing Festival 2019

• 07-01-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just over 3 weeks to go, can’t wait for this! Got a premium pass for the Saturday as a Christmas present. None of the bookies seem to have any markets priced up yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Prob wont either till the days themselves
    they did the same last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully to go down for the Saturday, used to be a fan of the Delorentos so wouldn't mind seeing them (as good as an excuse as needed to go to Leop :) ).

I see the initial dec's are in
    Some amt of non runners to come out of these races:rolleyes:

They will have to run Percy almost regardless of ground at this stage
    Footpad fav to beat Min and UDS in the 2m...........strange?
    UDS entered and 8/1....if no rain in next few days you could see it out of the clarence house and going to Dublin, in which case 8/1 looks huge

No way waiting patiently or Top Notch make the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

looking to make a weekend of it and go racing both days but accommodation is crazy due to the rugby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Does anyone know if the building work around the preparade ring will be finished for the Dublin racing festival? It created a real bottleneck at Christmas as the only way to get from there to watch the races was between the parade ring and the bars in the marquees, it was jammed to the point of discomfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Im buying a couple of 2 day passes for this, anyone have a discount code.. I think there was a few before,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Does anyone know if the building work around the preparade ring will be finished for the Dublin racing festival? It created a real bottleneck at Christmas as the only way to get from there to watch the races was between the parade ring and the bars in the marquees, it was jammed to the point of discomfort.

Doubt it, phase one meant to be ongoing for good part of year with phase two finished sometime in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hurricane Flew

What ones will the Closutton gang be laying over the weekend - 2018 Yorkhill and Melon . 2019 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What ones will the Closutton gang be laying over the weekend - 2018 Yorkhill and Melon . 2019 ???

Lol Min And Footpad I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Hurricane Flew

Surely only one of them turns up ?

Looking like the weather is going to take a turn for the worse heading towards the weekend

Looking like the weather is going to take a turn for the worse heading towards the weekend

Rain, snow and minus temp all week - ground will surely be on the heavier side if it keeps up hopefully not frozen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Any chance the meeting will be off?

If so, would it be rescheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Interested to see if Klassical Dream can back up his maiden hurdle win over Xmas when he had Vision Dhonner in behind or will Vision just keep improving past him seeing this will be his 3rd run.

Footpad drifting like a barge
    Min shortening
    I'd say we will see FP go NR

With the conditions forecast, 6/1 for UDS looks huge if it runs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Footpad drifting like a barge
    Min shortening
    I'd say we will see FP go NR

With the conditions forecast, 6/1 for UDS looks huge if it runs

If UDS was going to run then no way would he be 6/1. Would be around 5/2 or 2/1

This weekend could be a mess with NR's

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Plenty of rain around the area this morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

abarkie wrote: »
    Any chance the meeting will be off?

If so, would it be rescheduled?

I live close enough to Leopardstown and it takes to all sorts of weather really well. The back straight is the only danger area for water logging, but I have never seen this happen. The home straight is on a slope so takes a downpour really well, it flows off the side of the track.

The only danger I could envisage would be a severe overnight frost which does not get the opportunity to thaw on either day. However Leopardstown is south facing so will get a good deal of any sunshine on both mornings, if it is overcast it will be too warm for a frost.

I would say it would need a whiteout for it to be called off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Wouldn't be too worried about it not going ahead but low sun could be issue on Saturday and then having to omit hurdles/fences in home straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

How's come kemboy is 7/1 to win in leopardstown and also 7/1 to win in Cheltenham.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I live close enough to Leopardstown and it takes to all sorts of weather really well. The back straight is the only danger area for water logging, but I have never seen this happen. The home straight is on a slope so takes a downpour really well, it flows off the side of the track.

The only danger I could envisage would be a severe overnight frost which does not get the opportunity to thaw on either day. However Leopardstown is south facing so will get a good deal of any sunshine on both mornings, if it is overcast it will be too warm for a frost.

I would say it would need a whiteout for it to be called off.

Thank you Joanna Donnelly !! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

How's come kemboy is 7/1 to win in leopardstown and also 7/1 to win in Cheltenham.

Couldnt even place in the JLT and won a shambles of a race at Christmas, he would only win a Gold Cup if it was over 5f.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Couldnt even place in the JLT and won a shambles of a race at Christmas, he would only win a Gold Cup if it was over 5f.

If Kemboy started now he wouldn't win the GC
    The Supreme Syndicate story is a good one and all but ZERO chance that horse wins a GC ffs

UDS gone from the betting

UDS gone from the betting

Suprised to see that. Love to see Daryl Jacob come over for the ride on Footpad for the craic ha ha.

Waffle session from the Sugar Club last night.

Kevin Kilbane!?

• Advertisement

Kevin Kilbane!?

IMO the best Englishman to ever grace the jersey, after Tony Cascarino of course:P:P

Kevin Kilbane!?

Works for Boyles remember

Puppy will be on Gilette Soccer Saturday next week ..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Kevin Kilbane!?

To be fair Kevin knows more about his racing than Ger Gilroy, he hasn’t got a f*****g clue!

EICVD wrote: »
    To be fair Kevin knows more about his racing than Ger Gilroy, he hasn’t got a f*****g clue!

Could be worse, a lad on 2fm last week thought Valtor was Vautour and enquired re the yard change and why ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

EICVD wrote: »

In a way hes the best man for the job hes doing with the racing on offtheball.
    They seem to be trying to bring in new racing fans and teach them from the foundation up so he tends to ask some questions those of us following racing find a bit silly but new people to the sport might find interesting and more knowledgeable pundits would never ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Kevin Kilbane!?

Kilbane owned a few with John O’Shea, Sean St.Ledger and Stephen Hunt I think. He’s no mug at all.

• Advertisement

I see the 42 is giving a decent bit of coverage lately to racing too, taking contributions from the RP

The lack of comments on their articles is slightly surprising

I am barred from commenting on the journal/42 so I cant get a word in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Anyone know when the handicap fields will be declared for Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

In a way hes the best man for the job hes doing with the racing on offtheball.
    They seem to be trying to bring in new racing fans and teach them from the foundation up so he tends to ask some questions those of us following racing find a bit silly but new people to the sport might find interesting and more knowledgeable pundits would never ask.

Yeah, spot on. That Friday Night Racing show is superb. Strikes the perfect balance between appealing to the uninitiated and those of us who are avid followers.

Donn and Gary are a great partnership on RTV

reminds me, must cancel the month and see do they offer me the 12 Euro deal

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Sassy Diva..rated 116 and carries 10 st, was beaten half a length by tintangle giving her 5lb who is now rated 130,was beaten 3ls by Honeysuckle giving her 3lb who is now probably in the the 140s, she tends to find it hard to win but 14/1 seems big price to me based on her last two runs

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    Kilbane owned a few with John O’Shea, Sean St.Ledger and Stephen Hunt I think. He’s no mug at all.

Interesting! Also a DJ these days too - what a multipurpose lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Hopefully not too many drunken idiots there this weekend. Went on champions day in September and it was full of them.

Will be interesting to see how the course copes with the large crowd while the renovations are ongoing.

Hopefully not too many drunken idiots there this weekend. Went on champions day in September and it was full of them.

Will be interesting to see how the course copes with the large crowd while the renovations are ongoing.

Was a cluster**** at Xmas. Poxy. Wouldnt go again queing half the day for a piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Anyone know when the handicap fields will be declared for Saturday?

10am Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Was a cluster**** at Xmas. Poxy. Wouldnt go again queing half the day for a piss.

Just wondering where it is that you were queuing for a piss? I must have gone to the toilet 5 times each of the 3 days that I went and I didn’t queue any longer than 60 seconds and that’s not an exaggeration.

Motivator wrote: »
    Just wondering where it is that you were queuing for a piss? I must have gone to the toilet 5 times each of the 3 days that I went and I didn’t queue any longer than 60 seconds and that’s not an exaggeration.

Facing the pub attached to Paddy Powers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Toilets at the Tote/PP shop were grand. 60 seconds max as mentioned before

This festival could be a write off
    awful weather, expect a heap of withdrawals
    This could be a mess

This could be a mess

Joanna Donnelly over here. I think it will go ahead. It is pouring down here today, I live about 2 miles from the track. However it is to stop raining tonight and be clear tomorrow, Saturday and light rain on Sunday. It is not going to snow.

That being said it is ****ing brassers outside, so I think on Saturday it is eight cans of Guinness and the couch for me, followed by the match. I might drop up on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

This could be a mess

:confused:
    They've all been waiting for Winter ground!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement