Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated thermal board

Options
  • 13-01-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi I need to move a plug socket over to a finished 64mm thermal board wall. Would it be okay to cut a track in the plasterboard and remove some insulation before putting the cable in conduit and then plastering over it? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi I need to move a plug socket over to a finished 64mm thermal board wall. Would it be okay to cut a track in the plasterboard and remove some insulation before putting the cable in conduit and then plastering over it? thanks.

Not ideal as the integrity of the board would be compromised. How long is the run?

For a short run you might be able to shove a pipe or something up through the insulation making a channel for the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Not ideal as the integrity of the board would be compromised. How long is the run?

For a short run you might be able to shove a pipe or something up through the insulation making a channel for the cable

It would be down to counter level but because the roof is flat I would be unable to shove a pipe down from above.. I didn't think cutting a Grove in the plasterboard would be a problem as switch and plug boxes are all cut out anyway. There would be a couple of inches of insulation behind the conduit and new plaster over the cut out groove. I was more wondering about this from an electrical point of view.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Is there another route you can take to get the cable down behind the counter then come back up to where the switch/socket should be from under the counter. Is there another cable chase you could come down?

Seems like a lot of hard work to patch up the slab and trying to get it looking like new again.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Is there another route you can take to get the cable down behind the counter then come back up to where the switch/socket should be from under the counter. Is there another cable chase you could come down?

Seems like a lot of hard work to patch up the slab and trying to get it looking like new again.

Only way is from top ,but with cabinets on wall and tiles going over work top it would leave very little patching which would be out of sight on top of cabinets..

Advertisement