Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term insurance

Options
  • 11-12-2018 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

We have just bought a van which we are converting into a camper, we have a guy in Mayo who is doing the conversion for us. The problem is we need to get the van to Mayo. We have tried our car insurance company but they said we can't transfer our insurance as it's a commercial vehicle. Has anyone come across this before? It's looking like we will have to take out a new policy which will be pricy :( we will only need the insurance for one day as the van will be coming home as a camper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

dmm82 wrote: »
    We have just bought a van which we are converting into a camper, we have a guy in Mayo who is doing the conversion for us. The problem is we need to get the van to Mayo. We have tried our car insurance company but they said we can't transfer our insurance as it's a commercial vehicle. Has anyone come across this before? It's looking like we will have to take out a new policy which will be pricy :( we will only need the insurance for one day as the van will be coming home as a camper

By law insurance policies have a 14 day cooling off period ;)

For cars NVD can be surprisingly cheap if they have a backload free, not sure about vans.

https://www.nvd.ie/

I have been covered by FBD and AXA in the past temporarily 10 years on commercial, minibus and camper on car policy but last time I called FBD they said they can't do anything like that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is the guy in Mayo from a conversion business, or just some guy doing it on the side? I'm looking for assistance with some conversion work and finding it hard to get someone around Dublin :(

Advertisement