Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance App Developers

Options
  • 11-05-2018 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi all,

My business partner and I are acquiring an innovative dating app (no really, it it's a cool idea!), and it will be ours within the next 10 days or so. Exciting :)

We are likely to need an experienced dev for both iOS and Android for some ad-hoc updates and fixes (particularly on Android), and separately we are also interested in someone potentially coming on board as a partner in exchange for equity + fee.

For now though, and because we know it's far from easy to find someone to work even on a part-equity basis, I am wondering if people can recommend some high quality apps devs based in Ireland - ideally in the Dublin area. This would be someone with good availability to work on app updates and minor feature requests as required.

If you'd like to get in touch yourself, feel free. Main requirements are plenty of experience, a link to your portfolio / CV, and a love of coffee...optional-ish :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you'd probably be better putting together a budget to cover the development and hire someone. I can't see many developers wishing to be a partner in someone elses business - even with a fee paid - rather than just get paid his /her worth for developing an app for a client.

To do that you need to raise capital, which means you need to have a solid business case.

Plus to be honest, its off putting that you're looking for someone to finish up an app that someone else obviously started.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

maccored wrote: »
    you'd probably be better putting together a budget to cover the development and hire someone. I can't see many developers wishing to be a partner in someone elses business - even with a fee paid - rather than just get paid his /her worth for developing an app for a client.

Thanks for the reply. Most startups don't work out as we know, but this would be a chance to get in on the ground floor with a product that could really grow and take off. You can work on regular projects anytime and in addition to this.

I get it won't be for everyone though.
    maccored wrote: »
    Plus to be honest, its off putting that you're looking for someone to finish up an app that someone else obviously started.

Not sure where you got that from, I mentioned minor fixes, updates and small feature requests - the app itself is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

How is it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

How is it going?

We've found an app dev for Android, and he knows someone on the iOS side. Still open to others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

Working out ok?

• Advertisement
Advertisement