If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonas ARC, Sub (Gen 3), One SL (Pair)

Options
  • 13-05-2021 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

I'm curios about this setup. Are the One SL wireless? You don't need speaker wire to them? How about power? I have one speaker point where it would be tricky to get power to - do the surrounds need to be plugged in?

Is the sub also wireless? What sort of power connection does it need? I have a kettle power lead to my existing sub and its sort of hard wired so be nice if it was compatible. 

The other question would be price and availability?

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

hi folks,

I'm curios about this setup. Are the One SL wireless? You don't need speaker wire to them? How about power? I have one speaker point where it would be tricky to get power to - do the surrounds need to be plugged in?

Is the sub also wireless? What sort of power connection does it need? I have a kettle power lead to my existing sub and its sort of hard wired so be nice if it was compatible. 

The other question would be price and availability?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Thanks for the post Mick, great to hear from you!

The Sonos One SL and Sub are all wireless however they all need to be connected to a power source via Figure 8 Power lead. The only unit that needs to be cabled to the TV is the Sonos Arc but it will transmit the signal wirelessly to the sub and the surrounds via the app.

I currently have the Sonos Arc, Sonos Sub and Sonos One SLs in both black and white but stock is becoming quite limited. The total price would be £1836 or 2036 euro!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

The Sonos One SL and Sub are all wireless however they all need to be connected to a power source via Figure 8 Power lead. The only unit that needs to be cabled to the TV is the Sonos Arc but it will transmit the signal wirelessly to the sub and the surrounds via the app.

I currently have the Sonos Arc, Sonos Sub and Sonos One SLs in both black and white but stock is becoming quite limited. The total price would be £1836 or 2036 euro!

Kind regards

David

Thanks Dave I see on the Sonos website they do a 30 day trial before you buy type deal. I’m wondering if this setup would be much better than my 5.1 monitor audio radius setup with av receiver. I’m guessing the receiver would be redundant with the arc setup

• Company Representative Posts: 17,130 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Kind regards

David

Thanks Dave I see on the Sonos website they do a 30 day trial before you buy type deal. I’m wondering if this setup would be much better than my 5.1 monitor audio radius setup with av receiver. I’m guessing the receiver would be redundant with the arc setup
    Hi Micks_Address.

Sonos are indeed running a 30 day money back trial at the moment.

Personally I think a home cinema is better audio quality wise over Sonos. (A like for like priced AV setup will be better sounding than the equivalent priced Sonos Setup).

I have a Denon 2400 with a Monitor Audio 5.1 setup in my living room.
    I recently moved house and purchased a Sonos Beam and paired it with my 2 Sonos 1's that I had. I put this in the living room instead of my AV setup and while it does sound very well it is not as good as my home cinema was.
    (I suppose it also depends how old your current setup is also).

The Sonos is handy for having no speaker cables running around the room and the app is great for streaming music (I have Amazon music and Spotify).
    An AV receiver can usually decode far more audio tracks which give better audio.
    The Sonos Arc only supports surround sound in a Dolby format—Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD (the latter two are able to carry Atmos metadata to the Arc). It also supports stereo audio as PCM 2.0

Once I get my living room decorated the home cinema will be going back into it and the Sonos setup to the dinning room for watching football and using the Playstation.

Thanks Kenny,

At the moment I'm running a Yamaha RX-V683 Receiver with the radius one hd for left/centre/right. MA 45s for left/right surrounds and a bk xls200 subwoofer for 5.1 It all sounds pretty great and it sort of fits in the room reasonable well. I'd like to try atmos but without adding wires/clutter as the room has just been painted. I might be just as well live with what i have for the time being. 

Cheers,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny,

At the moment I'm running a Yamaha RX-V683 Receiver with the radius one hd for left/centre/right. MA 45s for left/right surrounds and a bk xls200 subwoofer for 5.1 It all sounds pretty great and it sort of fits in the room reasonable well. I'd like to try atmos but without adding wires/clutter as the room has just been painted. I might be just as well live with what i have for the time being. 

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Once the restrictions ease a bit more you should come to our store for a demo and we can set the ARC up with the rears and sub and you can sit and have a listen.

It's always good to try and hear these setups, especially when changing from home cinema to a soundbar setup.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny,

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Once the restrictions ease a bit more you should come to our store for a demo and we can set the ARC up with the rears and sub and you can sit and have a listen.

It's always good to try and hear these setups, especially when changing from home cinema to a soundbar setup.
    Thanks Kenny that sounds like an idea for a nice day out later in the summer or into the autumn! 

Cheers,
    Mick

Thanks Kenny,

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

Thanks Kenny that sounds like an idea for a nice day out later in the summer or into the autumn! 

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hey Mick.

No problem at all, we would love to have you visit us here at the store :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mick,

hope all good?

Just to re-iterate what the guys are saying - we would love your money and the SONOS is a great set-up if you can't get a wired system in place easily - but your AVR / Monitor Radius system is head and shoulders above a SONOS system and it also give you a clear upgrade path ie you can upgrade the speakers pair by pair or of course upgrade your AVR - in short, if unless you are forced into SONOS due to lack of space or wiring, we would advise you to stay with your Monitor Audio Radius system.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.