Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just lagged my way to a loss against someone 300sr lower than me, bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Use a team full of Portuguese Silvers, with 5 from the Turkish League (they're pricey but you'll get your coins back when you sell) Then sub on Felix, an Argentinian player and a Silver TOTW. It's actually fairly easy once you remember what objectives you need to do in each game.

Pricey? They were 10k extinct last time I looked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Playing Squad Battles at the minute. It's possible to get Carvalho, Sosa, 2 swap tokens and Silver Beasts completed in 7 games.

Use a team full of Portuguese Silvers, with 5 from the Turkish League (they're pricey but you'll get your coins back when you sell) Then sub on Felix, an Argentinian player and a Silver TOTW. It's actually fairly easy once you remember what objectives you need to do in each game.

has to be 10 games right? for carvalho anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

RossieMan wrote: »
    Pricey? They were 10k extinct last time I looked!

Got them all this morning, yep about 10k, 7 for the keeper.

Cyrus wrote: »
    has to be 10 games right? for carvalho anyway

True but you can play the last 3 in Rivals at least to save you playing anymore Squad Battles

• Advertisement

True but you can play the last 3 in Rivals at least to save you playing anymore Squad Battles

good point :D

Got Fekir and Kounde with my two 1:4 picks.
    Oblak was there with Fekir, and three Turks with Kounde.

Fekir is utter tripe.

Granted I've only played two friendlies and I'm feeling nothing but delay the last two days, he just feels poor in everything.

Whenever I take a sprint with him, someone can run and get there and take it before a stride finishes.
    Feels so slow.

I'll be popping him into an SBC anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fekir is utter tripe.

He makes Carrasco look like Messi. Carrasco is one of the worst tots cards I've used this year. He's pretty much invisible regardless of where I play him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭PGE1970

He makes Carrasco look like Messi. Carrasco is one of the worst tots cards I've used this year. He's pretty much invisible regardless of where I play him.

I was going to buy both TOTS Fekir & Carrasco for my team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

PGE1970 wrote: »
    I was going to buy both TOTS Fekir & Carrasco for my team :(

I've coutinho and Vazquez , coutinho as st or cam and Vazquez as cm , both very good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cantona
    15 games.
    11 goals
    4 assists

Playing him as a CAM in a 5212. He’s really fun. Proper brute of a player, bossing the area just outside the box.

What I wasn’t expecting was how great his free kicks are. He’s displaced Bruno for me. And the thing is, he can score rockets from a free a mile out, which I’ve never been able to do, and which opponents aren’t expecting.

Looking forward to trying him out tomorrow.

I raise you Gerard Moreno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Decided to pull the trigger on the La Liga TOTS guarantee and it paid off - BENZEMA!!!! CF as well which fits in perfectly with my main team and La Liga team as he can play the CAM position.

Done well with the PL and LaLiga guarantees - Son and Benzema and can fit them both in!

Has anyone done Coutinho? Thinking of getting him, the reviews are excellent. I'm wondering is he that much better than moments Dybala to justify the cost.

Has anyone done Coutinho? Thinking of getting him, the reviews are excellent. I'm wondering is he that much better than moments Dybala to justify the cost.

Yes he is deadly to be fair can't imagine anyone not being happy with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fekir is utter tripe.

Granted I've only played two friendlies and I'm feeling nothing but delay the last two days, he just feels poor in everything.

Whenever I take a sprint with him, someone can run and get there and take it before a stride finishes.
    Feels so slow.

I'll be popping him into an SBC anyway.

Maybe it’s to do with his stocky body type?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I can't really complain about pack luck given how well I've done this season, but I did the 84 x 20 for the 3 icon swaps tokens and it was utterly horrific.

That 89 LB TOTS from the Turkish league which was a duplicate, a few 86's and the rest 84's and 85's. Mine was genuinely one of the worst 84 x 20 packs I've seen from the many I watched on YouTube and saw posted on Reddit.

Decided to throw a lot of them into the 85 x 5. Bernardo Silva the highest rated there and nothing else of note.

Then decided to blast through my club and fire everything 81 and under into the La Liga player pick upgrade. Generated about 60 picks, got TOTS Fekir, TOTS Moreno and gold Kroos with the rest low rated rubbish.

Threw TOTS Moreno and Kroos into the La Liga guaranteed SBC with Bernardo Silva and other fodder thinking I'd probably get Moreno back and ended up hitting Vasquez, who apart from Messi, Varane, Suarez and Benzema is the best option and Messi and Varane are not realistic as they are never coming out of that SBC so I was pleasantly surprised.

I really doubt I'll get much time to play anywhere near as much as we head into the summer so I think I'll take more risks with those SBC's and upgrades etc that come out and have a bit of fun that way.

Starting with doing the Moments pack for 5 tokens and I might throw a million into gold rares and commons to do a load of player picks during the rest of TOTS.

https://twitter.com/FutArcade/status/1392954582792278019?s=19

Same guy who has seemingly had everything spot so far this FIFA, including the Icon Swaps 3 rewards earlier in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

The king has entered the building

(So delighted to get him, the main reason I returned to fifa this year was Eric)

F4-A646-EB-90-F3-4859-ABB0-8-FE51-EA4-C570.jpg

This is how I'm shaped up for the weekend.

86ab7e54-bdb1-4722-9eb4-4d6cc81b67ab.png
    Screenshot-20210514-001636-com-futbin.jpg

Used the two swap tokens to get the 83x25 pack - which gave me the fodder to get Coutinho. Played a few games with him in rivals. Very impressive. He has silky smooth dribbling, gets any type of pass off and has some shot.
    Got Isak, Suso and Carvalho completed. They seem really good cards. Suso looks good as a box to box and Carvalho isn't half bad either.
    I've got Drogba playing as an attacking wing back. Isak is a far better card tbh but Drogba has H/H work rates and is a handful for any fullback with his power and pace so I'll give him a chance, given I drained my club for him a few weeks ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FutArcade/status/1392954582792278019?s=19

Same guy who has seemingly had everything spot so far this FIFA, including the Icon Swaps 3 rewards earlier in the week.

Waman would be lovely to get. His silver stars card is so good, so smooth on the ball despite his height.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've got Drogba playing as an attacking wing back. Isak is a far better card tbh but Drogba has H/H work rates and is a handful for any fullback with his power and pace so I'll give him a chance, given I drained my club for him a few weeks ago :D

This is amazing, I applaud you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Calvin wrote: »
    Waman would be lovely to get. His silver stars card is so good, so smooth on the ball despite his height.

I got his red 82 inform , his stats look unreal and I thought he'd be an insane super sub but never really worked out for me. I'd prefer base rashford nearly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Giving wl a miss this week, I can’t do 6 weeks of it straight and bundes is the league I’d be unable to really fit any players in from.

Will give me a chance to get icon swaps done anyway

Calvin wrote: »

Think I'll buy TOTS Davies to play LB and then move PIM Zambrotta to CB instead of Prime Blanc.

Alternatively I'll only just spend/waste about a million on upgrade packs trying to get him :pac:

What do we think TOTS Davies will come in at? His TOTY is a million! :eek:

anyone do the new la liga SBC?

nice pace so maybe a decent super sub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

image.png

Packed Jaws in the 80+ pick. Gutted the club for Zamby. 15 players left. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    Think I'll buy TOTS Davies to play LB and then move PIM Zambrotta to CB instead of Prime Blanc.

Alternatively I'll only just spend/waste about a million on upgrade packs trying to get him :pac:

What do we think TOTS Davies will come in at? His TOTY is a million! :eek:

That’s the temptation with investing in the gold rares.... so so tempting to just keep them and throw them all into upgrades instead of making the sensible decision and selling them. Did it many times last year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Opened up a load of packs last night - mainly premium gold jumbo ones, which had appeared at the top of my pack list on console so thought I’d give it a go and see if I could get a walkout never mind a TOTs.

Nothing of any note other than about 60 duplicates which I sent to my transfer list so I thought I’d try one last player pick. Finally came up trumps as got a La Liga TOTs but of course it was a duplicate Moreno so decided to throw them both into the Pique Flashback before it expires tonight.

Did anyone do him? He’ll go straight into my La Liga team and will replace base VVD in my main team alongside Koeman.

Can’t believe how much better the La Liga TOTs has been compared to the PL one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Everyone must of been saving for Cantona. Lol

Advertisement