Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saalbach - 24 jan 09

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

few of us guys heading to Saalbach on 24th Jan... Anyone else heading there that week??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

We'll be coming over on your flight home on the 31st...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

pbug21 wrote: »
    We'll be coming over on your flight home on the 31st...:D:D:D

As will I Bugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm flying out today! I can't wait!! :D I'm like a kid on Christmas eve...
    Will let ye know what it's like when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I swear im not jealous, im not going to Saalbach for another 6 weeks, first week of March!

I'm leaving here in 45 mins... I'm about to EXPLODE with anticipation!

And we're thinking of heading back first week in March if we get a good last minute deal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

The todayFM ski trip is heading there the week after 35190.

I'm looking into a DIY trip so if anyone knows anywhere good to stay that'd be great. Apartment/pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

WillyWonka wrote: »
    The todayFM ski trip is heading there the week after 35190.

I'm looking into a DIY trip so if anyone knows anywhere good to stay that'd be great. Apartment/pension.

Few places on the Saalbach website here.

Seem to be around €60-€80 per night for B&B. Use google maps too to make sure your central.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Thanks djb, I just came across a site that lists apartments so will check that out and try to get the whole gang fixed up. IF we go to Saalbach that is, its one of the options thrown out there. From what I've read it Saalbach seems to be pretty good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 35190

cheers Olaola, do let us know how ya got o and what the place is like. Looks and sounds awesome.

Willywonka - was hoping to go on the today fm trip, but the week didnt suit at the time - next year definitely. 4group of 400 irish going crazy - sounds like heaven!!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

35190 wrote: »
    4group of 400 irish going crazy - sounds like heaven!!
    Sounds like a nightmare to me :D

• Advertisement

Just back from Saalbach. Was on the slopes this time yesterday :(

Thought it was a great resort - all roads lead to home, more or less! So you can always ski back to the town. Literally onto the main street. The snow was in perfect condition, no lumps and nicely packed. Sun beating down for nearly every day, but the snow stayed dry.

Perfect for intermediate skiers. Some schussing between lifts required, so not really that suitable for boarders. If you have blades - get them waxed! Didn't see much difference between most of the larger blues & reds - they were all good and meaty, lovely and wide with not many ice patches. We mainly stayed over the right hand side of the valley. The left was a little bit icier. Easy to visit other towns over the mountains - Hinterglemm & Leogang etc.

I'd go back in a flash, apres ski wasn't the best I've been to, but it was a little quiet last week. The village was bleeeedin freezing at night - I've never felt cold like it!

Prices were good - we got a great deal on skischool & rental. And food was cheap enough too. If you're self catering, there were a good few larger well stocked shops to fill your shelves.

If anyone wants to know anything particular, gizza shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Like Olaola, just back from Saalbach last weekend.
    The village was bleeeedin freezing at night - I've never felt cold like it!

Yeah it was cold, some of the open air apre ski bars could be cold but there was great warmth in Bobbies and few other night spots. Funny how you don't feel the cold on the slopes.

Class resort, good craic and would go back in the morning.

Advertisement