Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nally’s SuperValu Trim 10 mile-3rd February ‘19@12pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Arsenium wrote: »
    Super Event. First time doing it despite it being relatively local to me. Really enjoyed it. Few hills but nothing of any significance. A very fair 10 miler this early in the year. Well organised. Lovely top and great spread of food afterwards. What more could you want !!

Where was the food?? I never even saw a cup of tea. The race itself was good and I like the top, but the lack of tea/food and the parking miles away were a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 The O

If you read the email you should have received, then you would know where the post-race tea was going to be available.

With parking, there was plenty of parking close/relatively close to the start+finish area in and around the Athboy Road. Again, the email was clear on this with maps provided etc. Certainly, anyone arriving in plenty of time ahead of the start going parking handy.

Well done Trim AC. A great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

pc11 wrote: »
    Where was the food?? I never even saw a cup of tea. The race itself was good and I like the top, but the lack of tea/food and the parking miles away were a disappointment.

You needed to to head out onto the main road and then turn right past the Lidl (or ALdi?) shop on the main drag, past the Costa coffee shop and the hall was on the right hand side. Great spread of food and tea / coffee. It was documented in the race brief.

The bit of rain after the food wasnt great but theres noone to blame for that!

The O wrote: »
    If you read the email you should have received, then you would know where the post-race tea was going to be available.

With parking, there was plenty of parking close/relatively close to the start+finish area in and around the Athboy Road. Again, the email was clear on this with maps provided etc. Certainly, anyone arriving in plenty of time ahead of the start going parking handy.

Well done Trim AC. A great event.

If you read the email yourself, you'll see there was designated parking for people coming from Dublin. I followed this and the signs exactly and parked there which turned out to be miles away. If I had known the layout of the town I could have parked much closer but I do not and I followed instructions. And I arrived in plenty of time, thanks very much.

As for the tea, I believe I looked at the hall but there was no sign and no crowd of people and my psychic powers weren't working after the run. Besides, why have the food so far away from the race end? That's not the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

pc11 wrote: »
    If you read the email yourself, you'll see there was designated parking for people coming from Dublin. I followed this and the signs exactly and parked there which turned out to be miles away. If I had known the layout of the town I could have parked much closer but I do not and I followed instructions. And I arrived in plenty of time, thanks very much.

As for the tea, I believe I looked at the hall but there was no sign and no crowd of people and my psychic powers weren't working after the run. Besides, why have the food so far away from the race end? That's not the norm.

Don’t fret, it wasn’t wasted. I ate your share.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

Thanks to all involved for a terrific race. I really appreciated the email with the maps and instructions. I ran with the 10 min pacers who were amazing. I got my PB only for them. I was sorry I couldn't stay for the tea afterwards. I've been told the homemade ginger cake was divine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks for the great feedback, glad everyone enjoyed it.

As regards parking and the hall, we try our best to work within the constraints we have. Many races don't provide any parking, or even any parking info - we've gone to great lengths to secure the parking of local businesses and the OPW to try and get everyone safely parked (and most importantly not parked along the race route to the detriment of the runners).

We also sent a detailed race info doc to all registrants with maps of everything, including the hall. The doc states the distance from the town centre to the race start. This info was also posted on our FB page and Twitter feed.

I appreciate that we have car parks closer to the race start than others - and there is nothing to stop you coming from the Dublin Road and trying to get a spot there. Trouble is they do tend to fill up early, then you have a ton of cars doing u-turns and heading back into town to park, causing traffic delays for other race goers and local residents. The traffic flow plan is to minimize the delays for everyone.

The post-race refreshments is something we would love to host nearer the race finish - again we are constrained here as to what we can do. We have VERY generous local businesses that let us use their premises for number pickup - but these are not catering facilities and cannot be used for hundreds of people eating and drinking. The hall on Loman St. is a bit of a distance from the finish but is a more suitable venue with a stage, easily cleaned floor and catering facilities. All of these different elements have to be carefully considered when we plan the event.

As a general note - there is only so much that race organisers can do for entrants - if there is anything else we can do, we'd happily take suggestions on board but where we are currently at is the result of five years of hard work and fine tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

First time doing this race yesterday and massive well done to the organisers. Coming from Dublin, there was signs and volunteers early with directions etc. Parking at the OPW was no problem. Run up to the start for a warm up (the wife and daughter strolled up behind and grabbed a coffee on the way). Lots of places for warm ups, DJ doing his best to gee up crowd despite the cold - all good. Will definitely be back next year. didn't make it back for the tea and cakes as the little one was cold so just got her home.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

2nd year at the race, really enjoy it. Thanks to all involved. My only suggestion would be to order more ginger cake for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DukeOfDromada

PauloMN wrote: »
    Thanks for the great feedback, glad everyone enjoyed it.

As regards parking and the hall, we try our best to work within the constraints we have. Many races don't provide any parking, or even any parking info - we've gone to great lengths to secure the parking of local businesses and the OPW to try and get everyone safely parked (and most importantly not parked along the race route to the detriment of the runners).

We also sent a detailed race info doc to all registrants with maps of everything, including the hall. The doc states the distance from the town centre to the race start. This info was also posted on our FB page and Twitter feed.

I appreciate that we have car parks closer to the race start than others - and there is nothing to stop you coming from the Dublin Road and trying to get a spot there. Trouble is they do tend to fill up early, then you have a ton of cars doing u-turns and heading back into town to park, causing traffic delays for other race goers and local residents. The traffic flow plan is to minimize the delays for everyone.

The post-race refreshments is something we would love to host nearer the race finish - again we are constrained here as to what we can do. We have VERY generous local businesses that let us use their premises for number pickup - but these are not catering facilities and cannot be used for hundreds of people eating and drinking. The hall on Loman St. is a bit of a distance from the finish but is a more suitable venue with a stage, easily cleaned floor and catering facilities. All of these different elements have to be carefully considered when we plan the event.

As a general note - there is only so much that race organisers can do for entrants - if there is anything else we can do, we'd happily take suggestions on board but where we are currently at is the result of five years of hard work and fine tuning.

Thanks for organising an overall great event.

I think the issue is that those of us who have never been to Trim before were a bit lost with regards where everything was even though I read the info very carefully. I was aware the opw parking was a good bit away so used it as a warm up. I left the phone in the car ( on purpose) so had a general idea of where everything was but still had to follow the crowds to get there which was no problem. (It is an interesting town, I'll be back to check it out more.) After the race on the way back it was just by chance that I found the tea/coffee place. I was aware it was not at the finish but by then had forgotten exactly where. If it was for the fact that there were people in front of me that turned into the hall and there were toilets outside I'd have never known anything was going on inside. A simple sign outside and I'd say that would have helped greatly. It was a great spread I must say.

Trim has great attractions to show off. I understand traffic issues are very difficult to sort out but it would be great if the route was able to go through the town, around the castle and along the Boyne for a bit. First time ever there and I'll be back with the family to do the tour of the castle.

On last note, would be great if it were possible to get at least a single toilet at the opw parking. :)

Great event, thanks for organising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Great event, with plenty of helpful volunteers.

May I suggest having a few signs with remaining distances from the finish line to the official refreshments (something warm!) would help runners unfamiliar with the surroundings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good feedback folks, thanks. Seems getting to the hall after the race is where we need to improve with signs/marshals etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Great event . Really enjoyed . Thankfully found the Tea and biscuit place by accident as we crawled back to the car. Really enjoyed that tea!

Very honest course - I like that ! I found sections quite windy especially up a hill or two ? Did anyone else - a couple of club mates I travelled with didn't seem to have raced the same race as me as they didn't notice wind or hills !!! Maybe just better trained !!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Good feedback folks, thanks. Seems getting to the hall after the race is where we need to improve with signs/marshals etc..

Yeah. My friend said she met dozens of people asking where she got the tea so I was not the only one. A sign really would have been a help. As I say, I think I looked in at the right hall but there was no way to know if it was or not. There were loads of signs up for parking but none from the OPW to the start (I think) and none to the food.

Look, I'm no moaner but it's not moaning to give straightforward feedback. The route was fine, the shirt is nice, and the atmosphere was good. It's up to ye if ye want to take feedback on board. I just wanted a cup of tea and a biccie!

Advertisement