Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gbear wrote: »
    This has been going on since day 1. Looking foolish to rational people has never been a concern. What is important is that they maintain the attack, never take a backwards step and erode the norms and laws that function as checks on their behaviour.

That's the gameplan. Lie, lie, lie and lie so that eventually people stop questioning. It's literally out of the Joseph Goebbels manual -

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joseph-goebbels-on-the-quot-big-lie-quot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did I miss something?

Nope, you'd need to be pretty deluded and have a very very strong agenda to see something happening there. Complete non-event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well the White House Press Secretary posted this, sharing the doctored Infowars footage and the Trump supporters are fully behind it.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265

Ah ok now I see the doctored footage in that link making it look a lot more aggressive. How utterly reprehensible and irresponsible to create and publish that. You might call it fake news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Unfortunately people are blinkered. They see what they want to see. I just call it as i see it. He was out of order and should apologize.

Good point - he was well out of order, and get this: word on the deep-web is that the mainstream media had been training that reporter in karate chops for months. It was premeditated!!

All I can say is this: thank goodness there are people like us, the unblinkered who call it like they see it, who can lead the sheeple away from the prairie.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I had a look but couldn't see any assault.

Did I miss something?

As posted by super furry above, this is the one that make it look worse than it is.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Keyzer wrote: »
    What in the fúck are you talking about? Assault? Absolute nonsense, she tried to grab the microphone and he stopped her. How is that assault?

Now, if he'd grabbed her pussy while she tried to take the mic, that would be assault.

Trump would give him a presidential pardon (even if he's from CNN, pussy grapping ok, mic grabbing not ok)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

why is no one speaking about nationwide protests that will be happening as trump tries to sneak in and suppress investigation on him, or the way he said he will baim WH now because he lost the majority, not this POS that some deranged person who watches infowars picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thread Title = Fake News

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thread Title = Fake News

Clickbait... and it got us both good brother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Come on he clearly shoves her away. Add in the fact that she was embarrassed in front of the whole world so im sure there is some sort of pysch affect that she will have to overcome

I completely agree. I found a photo of that intern right after this terrible assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ah ok now I see the doctored footage in that link making it look a lot more aggressive. How utterly reprehensible and irresponsible to create and publish that. You might call it fake news.

Yeah. It's one thing to create lie about something but it's even worse to use doctored footage to support that lie. It shows that the liar knows that they are lying and not just misinterpreting an event. Reprehensible and Irresponsible are the right words for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

seriously....
    Irish people who are vocal about being "against trump" are pathetic.
    why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

god, irish people under 30 are very depressing these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If she was an intern 'under' Clinton she'd have something to be worried about.

As an avid Trumpette I'm finding this one hard to process.

On the one hand, I'm tired of bloody snowflakes crying about the smallest of transgressions all the time (e.g. "microagressions" - yuck!).

But on the other hand, I am outraged at this - I dunno, what would you call it, mini-agression from that reporter!

Now I'm no snowflake. In fact, I'm a manflake (this is an actual word, look it up).
    I've forgotten my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The White House posting propaganda from f*cking Infowars

Have a word with yourself op ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

seriously....
    why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

I don't think this is a case of petty squabbles for or against Trump, this incident is a blatant attack on democracy.

The press is the only agency that provides the people with any accountability, and yes its a flawed body, but it's the only one we have. A journalist has to ask uncomfortable questions in order to provide the public with the information they're entitled to.
    That this man is shouted down and verbally abused is one thing, that he then lose his job as a White House reporter because he's been banned for physically assaulting a woman, sullied with a slur over something he did not do and we all can see that he did not do, is a very scary development in the Western World.

This one can't be let pass. This would mark the beginning of us accepting to let modern democracy slide into being political orbits like China and Russia, where people who look for accountability of power or speak truth end up in jail for crimes they didn't commit or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

seriously....

There are plenty of people over 30 here. The most powerful man in the world - yeah I think it's reasonable to have views on him when he tries to distort reality. As if people here didn't have views on Reagan or Nixon or Kennedy.

And wow, talk about missing the point, which is that the woman WAS NOT assaulted - that's what those who are critical of Trump are saying, hence no condemnation by "the lesbian feminists" (lol).

Is it only those here who are against Trump that you've a problem with? What about people here who wear MAGA hats? Much weirder.

How about people who are indifferent to him a lot of the time, disagree with him other times and agree with him other times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

seriously....

You ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The world has gone mad - can people please stop mentioning trump

This is about the behavior of a male CNN reporter to a young female intern . It was out of order. He should make a public apology at the least .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How about people who are indifferent to him a lot of the time, disagree with him other times and agree with him other times?

That's a rare breed these days.

• Advertisement

This is about the behavior of a male CNN reporter to a young female intern . It was out of order. He should make a public apology at the least .

So you've seen the correct video and are still trolling so ?
    Ok, lets all just leave you to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

I personally don't see an assault here. Yeah he seams to like the sound of his own voice a bit too much and I think he was more concerned with having his moment then anything else but he did not assault the women.

I actually think if the roles were reversed and it was a female reporter and a male intern there would be uproar over how the intern just reached across like that to take the mic.

Her action looks more aggressive to me then his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

theguzman wrote: »
    I think CNN are far more biased than Fox News even during the Bush years.

On Election Night 2016, Fox were the only network reporting the election results in a clinical manner and registering early on that the night was much closer than expected. Most, if not all, other American networks went into full blown meltdowns and it became increasingly obvious that they regarded the "wrong" candidate as having won.

Makes you very thankful for the rules we have here about not allowing the media to discriminate between viewpoints or candidates during elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.
    Its sad when peoples hatred of Trump can make them refuse to condemn the assault of a young female intern

Are you feeling ok OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Its sad when peoples hatred of Trump can make them refuse to condemn the assault of a young female intern

The world has gone mad

Lol. Obvious troll is obvious.

Did you actually look at the video with your eyes. Give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Come on he clearly shoves her away. Add in the fact that she was embarrassed in front of the whole world so im sure there is some sort of pysch affect that she will have to overcome
    She should never have taken the matter into her own hands. That's what security is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Why is that video under a #metoo hashtag? How is this assualt on the woman? Or vice versa on the reporter??? How are people lapping up this $h1t. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

On Election Night 2016, Fox were the only network reporting the election results in a clinical manner and registering early on that the night was much closer than expected.

Is that not just the difference between the reporting and opinion sections of Fox News? When people complain about Fox News my understanding its stuff like panels shows and the like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Dear God, is that what we're calling "assault" now ?? FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

A reporters job is to REPORT the news, not to make himself the news.

This guy Acoster (sorry play on words) is a numpty of monumental proportions. He likes the limelight and is a media whore of the worst type.

I cannot stand Trump but CNN is a complete joke.

• Advertisement

Dear God, is that what we're calling "assault" now ?? FFS!

This isn't what we are calling it, it's what the most powerful Government in the world are calling it in order to suppress the freedom of the press, to tell people who dare question them that they ought to fear for the reputations and jobs.

This isn't what we are calling it, it's what the most powerful Government in the world are calling it in order to suppress the freedom of the press, to tell people who dare question them that they ought to fear for the reputations and jobs.

Sounds about right, shocking behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

If her name was Roxanne Pallet she could definitely call that an assault.

emo72 wrote: »
    If her name was Roxanne Pallet she could definitely call that an assault.

Someone I work with actually emailed OFCOM in the UK to request the lad from Corrie be fired.

Apparently she "felt" it was assault and that counted as much as laying her out.

Mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Sorry but when someone invades YOUR space trying to get something off you and you push back then that is not assault - you were looking for it. He gently pushed her hand away from taking the microphone.

Jesus christ, and these people call US the snowflakes!!! Calm yourselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

megaten wrote: »
    Is that not just the difference between the reporting and opinion sections of Fox News? When people complain about Fox News my understanding its stuff like panels shows and the like.

Obviously you have never watched FOX News.

During the election I was watching both CNN and Fox. Fox was a reporting network, CNN was pure panel discussion and BS.

Both of these networks can hardly be described as "News: channels.

They are both partisan mouthpieces for the Republicans and Democrats respectively.

However, I think personally that CNN (in the US) is a joke of a channel. It is racist beyond belief. If a white person was to say what is being said by Black "contributors" on prime time TV, they would be hauled before the courts.

It is no wonder CNN is loosing market share in the States, they have lost the plot completely.

This is from someone who watches CNN in Europe and USED to watch CNN here in the States.

For all the doubters, I've broken down the evidence. It's all there in the pic:

asdasdhasd.jpg

1. Here we can see the intern grasp the mic.

2. The ruthless mainstream media isn't having that - he chops down hard and you can even see the redness.

3. The innocent intern's eyes stare at the mic, the one object she desires at this moment in time, the thing that would make her happy, brutally denied to her by the mainstream media.

4. The mainstream media looks at her with malice, thinking "HIIYAH!".

5. This guy - who is he? - probably the CEO of mainstream media, holds back the crowd of good conservatives trying to intervene while he looks on with glee - horrible stuff!

6. Leaked documents that would endanger national security if released? Almost certainly, I say. And he doesn't care, he's about to hand them out to passersby - typical!

7. A fragile hand that's never seen a true man's hard graft.

8. What is this on his shirt? These are the questions that need to be answered.

9. Is that Alfred Hitchcock??

Checkmate. Case closed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.

Life ban fully deserved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFPpM6p3D4

Somehow I suspect that the OP is not been honest here and is in fact quite a big fan of Trump. Talk about making something out of nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Qanon predicted this
    Solidarity tinfoiler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What utter nonsense. Assault? The footage shows Acosta holding onto the mic and saying "pardon me, ma'am," when she tries to take it away. This is just an effort by the White House to bar a reporter because they don't like the kinds of questions he was asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What utter nonsense. Assault? The footage shows Acosta holding onto the mic and saying "pardon me, ma'am," when she tries to take it away. This is just an effort by the White House to bar a reporter because they don't like the kinds of questions he was asking.

Come on, you’re looking at it through the biased filter of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Acosta? I hardly knew her!

The other reporter who stood up for him is currently on the way to Guantanamo on charges relating to the planning of 9/11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

megaten wrote: »

Sure, but my point is that the reporting part of CNN, MSNBC et al had actual meltdowns when it became clear that the "wrong" candidate was going to get elected, and they held off on admitting this for as long as was humanly possible. The amount of mental gymnastics they pulled to deny simply reporting facts that night was quite astounding. There are several YouTube accounts which have the full eight hours of CNN's coverage up, and it's astounding just how transparent the whole team's preference for one candidate, and belief that there's a "right" and "wrong" result in an election, becomes as the program progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

theguzman wrote:
    Imagine the uproar and accusations of Racism if a reporter from Fox News treated Obama like that back in the day. I'm not a Trump fan but this guy was being a jerk and CNN are so biased they are a joke. I think CNN are far more biased than Fox News even during the Bush years.

Here's the thing, Obama would have answered a question & politely at that. Obama was president 8 years & I challenge anyone to provide a video of him treating any interviewer in such a way. Trump isn't in office two years yet and he's behaved like this dozens of times.

Talk about fake news all you want but every leader from just about every country thinks his a muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Best reality show ever, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Why do people care so much about the bull sh*t, nothing to do with policy, that surrounds the American presidency, all the way over there in America?

Just watch the West Wing lads and stop filling boards with Trump w*nkathons.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I don't think this is a case of petty squabbles for or against Trump, this incident is a blatant attack on democracy.

The press is the only agency that provides the people with any accountability, and yes its a flawed body, but it's the only one we have. A journalist has to ask uncomfortable questions in order to provide the public with the information they're entitled to.
    That this man is shouted down and verbally abused is one thing, that he then lose his job as a White House reporter because he's been banned for physically assaulting a woman, sullied with a slur over something he did not do and we all can see that he did not do, is a very scary development in the Western World.

This one can't be let pass. This would mark the beginning of us accepting to let modern democracy slide into being political orbits like China and Russia, where people who look for accountability of power or speak truth end up in jail for crimes they didn't commit or worse.

yeah yeah, that's all true - but only to America because that's where this took place, and that's where Trump is relevant.

so your point is moot. this is boards.IE in IRELAND have you forgotten?

why does everyone trot out the "most powerful man in the world" ****e when defending their hatred of the US president?

it still doesnt affect us in Ireland, no matter what way you try to warp it.

There are plenty of people over 30 here. The most powerful man in the world - yeah I think it's reasonable to have views on him when he tries to distort reality. As if people here didn't have views on Reagan or Nixon or Kennedy.

And wow, talk about missing the point, which is that the woman WAS NOT assaulted - that's what those who are critical of Trump are saying, hence no condemnation by "the lesbian feminists" (lol).

Is it only those here who are against Trump that you've a problem with? What about people here who wear MAGA hats? Much weirder.

i just think that when we are all quick enough to call out "trolling" or "dont feed the troll" etc online, then why not use the same logic in this situation?

no i have a problem with gimps wearing maga hats too - but lets be honest here, that isnt half as widespread as the bandwagonry of "hating trump" - why? because some horrible vacuous millionaire celebrity told you to on an instagram story?

get real - we live in ireland, not the usa.

i dont care for views on foreign politics unless it directly affects me, here in ireland, to some degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Acosta by name acosta by nature… amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not a trump fan but the way the reporter conducted himself was horrible.
    Liberals will shout and scream for everyone’s rights except the rights of those they don’t like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement