Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan 10 mile 2019 - 3rd Feb

Options
  • 01-11-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Entries opened this morning, I think? Has anyone registered? Online registrations are either full or suspended, I can't tell which. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Entries opened this morning, I think? Has anyone registered? Online registrations are either full or suspended, I can't tell which. Anyone know what's going on?

Was crashing for me since 9.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Was the same last year, don't know why they are going with the same crowd again, lovely run though, can see why its popular.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Looks like they have made it a ballot entry now

"Due to the extremely fast selling nature of the event we have decided the fairest way to handle entries is by operating a ballot system"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

glad it wasn't just me, I wonder did anyone get registered today? I've entered the ballot anyway so fingers crossed, I need something to keep me training through Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

From what I can see in my running group in Waterford.....one guy got a place. No one else had any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well....did anyone get an e-mail yet :pac:

Great race but they need to sort this out asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I am in the ballot. Would be my fourth year to do it. If I get an entry great if not ah well. It's a great race run by volunteers and would hate for it to go the Same way as ballycotton.

The latest...
    NOTICE --John Treacy Dungarvan 10. We have received an overwhelming interest to apply for a place in the 2019 Dungarvan 10. We have now been over subscribed beyond expectations. We have now closed the offer to apply for a place. We will start the offer process from tomorrow, Friday the 2nd. If you receive an e mail offering you a guaranteed place, please note that you will have 3 days (Monday midnight) to accept your place.

The remaining participants will be added to our waiting list. We would like to apologies for the technical issues that everyone has experienced when trying to enter earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

It's a very good race but I decided to opt for Trim instead, less hassle:)

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement

Was torn myself and have done Trim before, but for me the t-shirt is the deciding factor :) . The t-shirt from Trim is just awful. Worth driving to Dungarvan from Dublin as an alternative :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Well....did anyone get an e-mail yet :pac:

Great race but they need to sort this out asap

Mine just came through there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Mine just came through there now.

Same....delighted :D

Planning on doing the Rotterdam marathon in April so will be using this as a confidence boosting warm up

Got a place but have changed my mind, if anyone wants the link let me know, I believe its valid for three days.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Got a place but have changed my mind, if anyone wants the link let me know, I believe its valid for three days.

I'd take that if it's going please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Just signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Signed up,hoping aussie flu doesn't come around and i miss out like last year now:confused:

I'd take that if it's going please?

PM'd you the link, enjoy the run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I still haven't got an entry, despite a few of my friends getting them even though the entered later than me (WTF!).

Anymore entries going around here, please let me know as I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

A friend of mine was entering me as was away on hols last week, when he messaged me about the website fiasco didn't expect to get in but turned out all of the group he was entering made it. Guess we were lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

Really wanted to do this. It came highly recommended from other people in our club.
    Registered for ballot but no joy so if any one that got lucky changes their mind I would gladly take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I got an email today just after 4pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I reckon Primo monumentally fu*ked this one up. Ballot system is fine except many people will put in duplicate entries if there isn't a system to deter it. I imagine this is what happened here hence the entries are still coming out.

Hope it still sells out though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Trim 10 mile is on the same day folks, might not suit some but plenty travel from far a field to Dungarvan every year. Great race also.

sann wrote: »
    Really wanted to do this. It came highly recommended from other people in our club.
    Registered for ballot but no joy so if any one that got lucky changes their mind I would gladly take it.

I got sorted for an entry so all good!

Just got an email with offer of registration if any one wants it. Valid till the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

yes please

Rega wrote: »
    yes please

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

sann wrote: »
    Pm sent.

Thanks a million. Really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

I would really like an entry to this too. If there’s another one going spare can you send me a PM - thanks a mill.

Advertisement