Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photobook advice

Options
  • 19-08-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi there,

I want to do a photobook of my son's 2016 but i have so many photos. whats the best way - lots of pages and squeeze in lots of photos or whittle it down to a few but if so how do you whittle it down? I have hundreds of photos already!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I guess figure out a structure - you could do it month by month and that way pick images from each month, or key events during the year..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

A few good ones printed large is usually better than lots of small images.

Just beware that when they are bigger it's easier to see the faults (that helps in the editing)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Sorry to highjack the thread but im looking for a supplier for a decent wedding type story book album

I have no idea how much these type of things cost so i have no idea where to start looking.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi Nicman,

I've been doing yearly family albums for my family. The first album I packed in as many as a could but now I generally go for 1 large photo on each page- if it's portrait I have portraits on both pages and fill up the page. I like this 'full' page style.

you can go for a few photos from each month, that way you can see him getting older at the book progresses.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Nicman wrote: »
    Hi there,

I want to do a photobook of my son's 2016

Its always best to have the book tell a story so decide on a few images that flow with each other (both in images and with the pages).

There is no harm in having multiple images on a single page or a double spread but keeping in mind that the more you have the smaller they become. I usually have one or two pages that are one image per page or one image per double spread to be dramatic and if the image is that good it warrants it.

If you want any help, then send me a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

This is an interesting thread, myself and my girl friend have talked about also doing an album from trips away and other key events etc.

Who or where do you go to get the book printed and made up? Do you do the whole album in software and then get it printed or print individual images? Which software

Regarding images, I use Lightroom, pick my best or favorite images and edit those only. 100 photos could come down to 20 or so which should be much easier to put into an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

jozi wrote: »
    This is an interesting thread, myself and my girl friend have talked about also doing an album from trips away and other key events etc.

Who or where do you go to get the book printed and made up? Do you do the whole album in software and then get it printed or print individual images? Which software

Regarding images, I use Lightroom, pick my best or favorite images and edit those only. 100 photos could come down to 20 or so which should be much easier to put into an album.

Have a look at the Aldi Photobook software online.
    They will print a matt or glossy book cheaper than most other suppliers. quality is good too.
    Try it for your first photobook and you will be happy with it. You can download the software and lay out as you please, 1 photo per page or several per page. mix and match as well. Printed in Germany and 8 days turnaround delivery.
    A 50 page book will cost you about €50 which includes delivery.

Advertisement