Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random travel advice please

Options
  • 21-12-2013 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭

I can't keep up with the changing weather/storm patterns so I'm looking for advice/help. Please dust off your crystal balls, cows and sheep in the fields, almanacs or models and tell me:

First a small trip... I need to head to Tramore (from KK) either today at around 1pm and back again this evening or on Monday at about 12 and back again that evening. Which do you think would be best? I don't fancy being blown off the road.

Then a bigger trip - on Stephen's Day morning my son is travelling to Dublin to Toronto via Amsterdam. He's only 16 and has done the direct trip already but this is his first time having to get connecting flights and I want to make sure he knows what to do if there are delays and he misses the second flight and all that. He has only an hour and half all going well to make the connecting flight in Schipol airport. There seems to be a movable feast of a big storm between Christmas day and Stephen's day - is it looking likely that there will high winds on Stephen's morning and hence flight delays?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Tramore trip - today for sure. High chance there will be an active cold front crossing the country some time Monday.

Stephens Day, more uncertain, but it looks like if there is another storm it will on the 27/28 rather than 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Decided to split the difference and do Tramore tomorrow, and it'll be a huge relief if the storm doesn't hit till the day after he goes. Thanks, Maqui. :)

Advertisement