Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing the Knowledge #2

Options
  • 30-04-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

This was a great success last December ( I think). Thanks Sebzy

As we are into the summer silly season from June onwards I wonder would anyone be interested in something similar in May. If so any ideas?

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Enlighten us late comers please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yeah, count me in. I'd be interested in attending, and also, if needed, give a talk.

Last one was a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i will try and be around too, although got 2 weeks shooting to do in cork in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Anyone have topics in mind, maybe something different to last time.

Heres a few from me to start it of;

Framing
    Landscapes
    B/W Processing (Digital)

Any others or volunteers for subjects?

T.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Get Al to run a sensor cleaning session/demo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

That was the only meet that I've made it to so far and it was great. Would definitely make this as long as it's not the last weekend in May.

Possibly a Macro talk could be good as I don't even know where to start with my new lense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

What about coming into the June bank holiday weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

yeah, June bank holiday weekend is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Could we have something on HDR or is HDR the devil's work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

TelePaul wrote: »
    Could we have something on HDR or is HDR the devil's work?

That depends on whether you're talking about blending multiple exposures to retain detail in both shadows and highlights beyond the dynamic range of a single frame - or wanging (;)) a few sliders about in photomatix to make something completely over saturated and fake looking... like anything, it can be done well or it can be done badly and that probably increases the usefulness of a demonstration.

• Advertisement

elven wrote: »
    That depends on whether you're talking about blending multiple exposures to retain detail in both shadows and highlights beyond the dynamic range of a single frame - or wanging (;)) a few sliders about in photomatix to make something completely over saturated and fake looking... like anything, it can be done well or it can be done badly and that probably increases the usefulness of a demonstration.

Well there's the fact that it can be done from a single RAW, and there's the issue of ghosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'll book myself provisional for the June Bank Holiday Weekend as it's very close to the C&G Exhibition & I'll be under extreme pressure to get stuff done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I won't be able to make the bhol weekend. Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Missed the last one of these so would be very keen to make it this time.. Bank Holiday weekend might not be the best time for everybody tho, what about just a normal weekend?? A Sunday perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

shepthedog wrote: »
    Bank Holiday weekend might not be the best time for everybody tho, what about just a normal weekend?? A Sunday perhaps??

Sundays are great, but bank holidays pretty much rule out anyone with kids (like me)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Bank holiday won't suit me either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I take it this isn't happening this weekend

I doubt this will happen over the summer to be honest.

Maybe we can revive the thread in the autumn for sometime prior to Xmas.

Need presenters though.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'll do sensor cleaning if people want.

I've gotten reeeeeeel good ;)

Right thats two then.

Fajitas - Camera Sanitation :D
    Paulw - Sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

How about an hour long public forum on photography?

That is, just a chat. What people are into, who people look up to, what people want to see.

Maybe a move on to business, processing, etc?

Sounds good also, though that might be two sessions, public form and photography business.

The business aspect probably needs its own session and in fairness Keith ( Borderfox) gave a very insightful insight into Eent Photography at the last one.

Keep 'em coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Shame its this weekend would love to attend this but will be out of the country.

gandalf wrote: »
    Shame its this weekend would love to attend this but will be out of the country.

It's totally not this weekend.

Advertisement