Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Warning [Heavy rain]

Options
  • 28-11-2003 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

From Met Éireann ( www.met.ie ):

Issued at 12:45 Friday, 28-Nov-03

General Information: Some rain likely today and early tonight, this mostly light, but a period of very wet weather is expected overnight and during Saturday. It will be windy also.

A wave depression is approaching Ireland and will develop further later tonight and in the morning as it passes in over Ireland travelling Northeast towards Scotland.
    Its exact track is uncertain, but it is likely to make landfall somewhere on the South Coast between 0600 and 1200 tomorrow morning . Windy , but more significantly very wet weather is expected from it.

Text of Warning :
    Valid 1800 Friday 28th To 1800 Saturday 29th

Some rain likely today and early tonight, but a period of windy and very wet weather is expected tonight and for a time Saturday.
    Between 30 and 40 mm of rain is expected and there is risk that totals may be up to 50 mm .
    The heaviest period of rain is likely to be between 0000 and 1500 Saturday.

Local High Tides may also exacerbate conditions in some Counties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

dirt

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

but a period of very wet weather is expected overnight and during Saturday. It will be windy also

to quote Fr. Ted:

Flip it!
    I have plans for tomorrow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Grand soft day thank god.

yes I see this little system is expected to dump more than an inch in Eastern England.... which is after it is done with us :eek:

We're getting whats in it's barrell first and its still going to have an inch or more left for over there.
    It's gonna pour!!!

:eek:

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

just all i need. tomorrow is a day when i will be in town doing stuff :mad:

fiddlesticks

• Advertisement
Advertisement