Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seville Marathon 17/2/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

It's been a bit of a disaster for me.

Physio diagnosed a stress fracture mid December and it's still not right. So almost no running for the past 4 weeks.

I've resigned myself to missing Seville this year but I have to decide whether to go as a tourist or not.

I've paid for flights and a deposit on Airb&b so I don't really want to throw it away but it's a case of give up on €200 spent or spend €250 extra to go over for 3 days.

I'm still undecided......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

goodtiming wrote: »

Physio diagnosed a stress fracture mid December and it's still not right. So almost no running for the past 4 weeks.

I've resigned myself to missing Seville this year but I have to decide whether to go as a tourist or not.

I've paid for flights and a deposit on Airb&b so I don't really want to throw it away but it's a case of give up on €200 spent or spend €250 extra to go over for 3 days.

That's a pity. I was in the exact same boat and decided to forget about a time, go over, enjoy three days on my own and take in the sights during the race. Probably a few pints and some nice dinners too seen as the pressure is off!

I'll only lose 100 on flights if i cancelled, so it would probably be a saving to cancel, but if the next 2/3 weeks long runs go well, i'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

goodtiming wrote: »

Seville is a gem of a city to visit outside of running. I would recommend you go as a tourist

ger664 wrote: »
    Seville is a gem of a city to visit outside of running. I would recommend you go as a tourist

Yeah I was there for a few days last year and I loved it.

It's more leaving the other half and 2 kids to go away on my own for 3 days is a bit of a stretch when I'm not running.....Life is a bit busy to be burning through those brownie points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Griff75

I’m in having trained for but then missed Dublin through a late injury and Malaga in December with a last minute family illness. Fingers crossed it’s third time lucky!

• Advertisement

I'm Out:(

The ramping up of the mileage following my broken shoulder proved too much and my knee broke down after 14k on Saturday. Had to ring the wife to pick me up!

Had hoped to get enough miles in the legs to go over and enjoy the run but it was to much too soon.

In other news, I have return flights for sale for 50 euro! This plus the name change would mean the return flights for 150 (currently 316) if anyone wanted to jump in late or get some support to go with them.

Includes priority & carry on 10k bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Duanington

Just over a week to go, anyone actually still running next week ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Duanington wrote: »

I am not running but Im looking forward to following it. How is the taper going? The forecast looks good at the minute. Do you have a race strategy in mind?

The expo is not particularly central, so I would try get that out of the way ASAP. We used public transport (bus) to get there last year and a taxi back to Centro (around the Cathedral in the old town). I think it was 10 euro or so.

This years medal looks good, I hope you get a nice race performance to go with it. Best of luck!

I’m hopefully still running it although as luck would have it I came down with strep throat last weekend and will be on antibiotics until the middle of the week!

I am not running but Im looking forward to following it. How is the taper going? The forecast looks good at the minute. Do you have a race strategy in mind?

The expo is not particularly central, so I would try get that out of the way ASAP. We used public transport (bus) to get there last year and a taxi back to Centro (around the Cathedral in the old town). I think it was 10 euro or so.

This years medal looks good, I hope you get a nice race performance to go with it. Best of luck!

Thanks for the info, still trying to figure out the logistics to be honest.
    Taper is going well, I think ....starting to feel a good bit more energetic in general but yet to start feeling any zip in the legs just yet!
    Strategy will depend on conditions but I will probably hope to negative split to some degree, there'll be nothing stupid over the first few miles ...but I'll back myself once I settle into the race.

• Advertisement

Griff75 wrote: »
    I’m hopefully still running it although as luck would have it I came down with strep throat last weekend and will be on antibiotics until the middle of the week!

Crap - take it easy, nothing much to gain at this stage

Crap - take it easy, nothing much to gain at this stage

Yeah I’m not planning on anything other than getting there! Maybe fate is telling me something at this stage haha - I was hoping to run sub 4 but not sure what the past week will take out of me!

I'm going over on my own to party!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Any tracker available?

Good luck to anyone going over....I'm extremely jealous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

All the best DD, great event, city and course

TbL

DD 20.47 for 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

OOnegative wrote: »
    DD 20.47 for 5k

The 'pace' on the app gave me a bit of worry there, but it was gun time pace.....

41.15 for 10k

Rocking a pair of The Claw's shades i see to!!

Saw that :) .....plenty of company there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Olwyn and Joe are running too. Not sure of targets but seem to have started brightly.

DD 61.47 through 15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

DD 61.47 through 15k.

Settling in very nicely.

DD 1.26.51 at the half way point, pace very consistent.

1:26:51 thru half way.....splits very consistent now

DD 1.26.51 at the half way point, pace very consistent.

Jinx!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Lads, call me stoopid, but who's DD?

I like that Half split whoever he is.

Itziger wrote: »
    Lads, call me stoopid, but who's DD?

I like that Half split whoever he is.

Duanington Chief.

1.43.04 through 25k.

• Advertisement

2.03.41 now through 30k. Currently on pace to run 2.53ish.

Advertisement