Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lesbians

• 14-01-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm afraid of them (us).

After having had a few relationships over the years. They've lasted between 1 and 4 years. I'm 32 now.

Broke up with my last girlfriend around 1 year ago, she ended it, I was heart broken blah blah blah. I got over it after a few months and am on good terms with the girl now. I'm scared of getting into another relationship though. Not that I've had any offers or anything but the idea of it just doesn't appeal to me at all anymore simply because I am certain ti will all end in heart ache and upset.

Has anyone else felt like this?? I don't think I'm bitter or anything like that, it's just seeing friends in relationships I look at them and think oh no, I can't do that- the stress it causes etc.

Am I ever going to change my mind? It makes me panic at times lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I don't think that's really a lesbian-specific issue. I'm sure a lot of people get out of relationships heartbroken, regardless of their sexuality, and then find it hard to get back on the wagon, be it fear of getting hurt again or whatever. Don't worry though, it will happen :) Well, I need to tell myself that more I guess - haven't even been in a serious relationship yet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

plaiboi wrote: »
    I'm afraid of them (us).

After having had a few relationships over the years. They've lasted between 1 and 4 years. I'm 32 now.

Broke up with my last girlfriend around 1 year ago, she ended it, I was heart broken blah blah blah. I got over it after a few months and am on good terms with the girl now. I'm scared of getting into another relationship though. Not that I've had any offers or anything but the idea of it just doesn't appeal to me at all anymore simply because I am certain ti will all end in heart ache and upset.

Has anyone else felt like this?? I don't think I'm bitter or anything like that, it's just seeing friends in relationships I look at them and think oh no, I can't do that- the stress it causes etc.

Am I ever going to change my mind? It makes me panic at times lol

i get what your saying. i am with my partner for the last 2 years. its so stressful. sometimes i wish i was single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

carly_86 wrote: »
    i get what your saying. i am with my partner for the last 2 years. its so stressful. sometimes i wish i was single

I don't mean to intrude, or be patronising. At the end of the day, what do I know about relationships! But seriously if the majority of the time with your girlfriend is stressful than why are you with her? Both you and her deserve better than that! Sure relationships sometimes need work; it's not all rainbows and butterflies. But if you wish you were single...that's a bad sign, no?

I don't mean to intrude, or be patronising. At the end of the day, what do I know about relationships! But seriously if the majority of the time with your girlfriend is stressful than why are you with her? Both you and her deserve better than that! Sure relationships sometimes need work; it's not all rainbows and butterflies. But if you wish you were single...that's a bad sign, no?

its phase i will get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 plaiboi

Carly_86 you've just done what all of my friends (straight and gay) who are in relationships do.... Scared me more haha..

• Advertisement

plaiboi wrote: »
    Carly_86 you've just done what all of my friends (straight and gay) who are in relationships do.... Scared me more haha..

and what's that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

and what's that

What is what?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

What is what?

i am confused

• Registered Users Posts: 33 plaiboi

and what's that

Haha, I wrote it right there in the thing..... "scared me more" ;) ... about the whole relationship thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

It's a fair point. Sounds like you're meeting the wrong women. Maybe think about double thinking over relationships before you get into another awful one.

I used to lower my standards so I wouldn't be line, but the price paid is too high. Sometimes you have to bypass a few frogs rather than kiss them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement