Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire brigade charges.

2»

Comments

@ rows grower. You may have got the bill, you don't have to pay it, you can't be that dense surely. A clerical error is the most likely scenario

I don't think they ever said they had to pay it, just that they got the bill sent to them. So I'd get the story right before throwing around dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

I don't think they ever said they had to pay it, just that they got the bill sent to them. So I'd get the story right before throwing around dense.

Maybe so, hes still talking out his arse though, made worse by his protestations that it's a "fact"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

I not only have an invoice number, it has a customer number as well.

you have a call out charge. the caller gets this if the FB comes out and no action is taken. IE the is no fire or issue. Either this os a nuisance call out fee is applied to the caller. Sounds like the caller called them for no real issue and got billed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Richard308

you have a call out charge. the caller gets this if the FB comes out and no action is taken. IE the is no fire or issue. Either this os a nuisance call out fee is applied to the caller. Sounds like the caller called them for no real issue and got billed.

Or the person who got the bill started the fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭buzz11

I live in Louth. I've never heard of the Fire Brigade charging anyone for a callout, there is no charge as far as I know, to the general public.

That said, and I'm wandering into anecdotal territory here, i have heard that they will send a bill out to an address if there is a fire that has in any way damaged a building, as buildings generally have insurance on them. The idea is that you make a claim and the insurance company will pay the Council (an inflated amount, I'm sure). However, if you ring up the Council and tell them you don't have insurance, they just waive it, as they don't expect the average joe soap to pay for the service.

Much like the HSE don't charge you for an XRay if you've to go to A+E, but if you have insurance, or it was part of a crash or such and there's an insurance company taking responsibility, all of a sudden these things get charged for.

Also, Rows Grower, if you got a bill it was an error. The beneficiary is the only person ever sent a bill. If the person that made the call was the responsible party, all across the country fire trucks would be covered in cobwebs and dust.

See link here to Louth Co Co fire charges -- calculated to the minute !

https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/services/fire_rescue_services/fire_charges/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

buzz11 wrote: »

Holey moley!! I wonder what Wexford cc charge? They're the dearest for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭buzz11

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Holey moley!! I wonder what Wexford cc charge? They're the dearest for everything.

Link here to AA website where they call on fire service charges to be banned -- (I feel an online petition coming on...) Its a bit dated from 2014 but even more relevant since LPT was introduced in 2013.

https://www.theaa.ie/blog/calling-end-fire-brigade-call-charges/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭brian_t

buzz11 wrote: »

I notice at the start of that link it says:

"Charges apply to those who benefit from the services of the Louth Local Authorities Fire Services"

So unless the call was Malicious - simply reporting someone elses fire in not going to get you a bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No, this is a fact in Kerry.

I know.

You "know" incorrectly then! I called in an explosion and fire, in Kerry, in the road behind mine. Never a hint of a bill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Graces7 wrote: »
    You "know" incorrectly then! I called in an explosion and fire, in Kerry, in the road behind mine. Never a hint of a bill...

Was it a "Ye have five minutes to clear the building, code word is Kerrygold" type of call?"

They don't count in this discussion.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement