Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRID (2019) - Release 11/10/19 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If it's anything like the first, I'll have it. The first one was brilliant, but it lost something in the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to be interesting to see how the balance of arcade vs simulation is struck, especially with someone like Alonso consulting! At least he has experience across a variety of disciplines though.

https://twitter.com/gridgame/status/1151461113927753728

🤪

The first GRID got the balance of realism and arcade spot on imo, the second one leaned a bit too much towards realism for my liking. With Alonso on board, I'd imagine it will lean more towards realism, but I hope they include an option to make it more arcade. I love these games, but without a proper steering wheel set up, the realistic approach is lost on me. Just not fun on a controller.

Plenty of career mode info: http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-career-mode-deep-dive/

I don't love the "accomplish x objective to unlock future events". Some races are tough or don't suit so then you end up replaying. Much prefer those instances where against all odds, you finish down the order but your rival also has a disastrous race and so you win the championship. Think of the drama of the 2008 F1 season.

104 events across 6 disciplines so plenty to keep Grid fans busy!
    Those first five disciplines take you on a similar journey: 13 different events to complete, varying in event length and car class, all leading to a final Showdown event (more on those in a moment). Invitational features 26 events, with a huge variety of exotic and extraordinary cars, also leading to a Showdown event.
    You’ll need to win four of the six Showdown events to progress to the final chapter of Career mode. That means you don’t have to complete every discipline if you don’t want to. You can focus on the disciplines you’re enjoying the most and lean on them throughout the Career.

Winning four Showdowns will allow you to progress to the GRID World Series – the final stage in Career mode that combines the very best of each discipline for a star-studded racing series like no other. This is where the infamous Ravenwest Motorsport will be waiting for you, so expect any victory to be hard-earned.

I do like that you can focus on your preferred classes though. That kinda bugged me about the first - you got punished (in terms of XP) for dominating one class and moving up in the Hall of Fame. Destruction Derby was always my go-to during the season....but on that note, no mention of Destruction Derby. Booo!

They mention "post launch content", but no indication if it will be free or paid for. Just says that it will double the amount of content in career mode.

🤪

They keep drip feeding info. Some promising news from Gamescom (though how many racing games are on show? NFS, Grid....any others?)

https://twitter.com/gridgame/status/1163537627322212352

And some more footage from a few days ago

https://twitter.com/gridgame/status/1161592047892979712

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If it's anything like the first then I'll love, but the second made me give up on it. We need something like the first, crossed with JUICED.

Anyone take the splash on this over the weekend?

Anyone take the splash on this over the weekend?

I got it on PC cheap. Not bad but i think i prefer the Forza games.

Picked it up and played a bit over the weekend. Bumped up to Hard AI difficulty with some custom settings.

Hot Lap qualifying seems necessary as it's trickier to make up places during the race, I think. Some tracks with quick corners or slight turns but prominent barriers, so it can be difficult to overtake. Maybe I just need to git gud. Sometimes qualifying in first has been a doddle, but couple of tracks where I'm well off the pace.

AI is unpredictable, which I like - have seen some incidents and crashes. They've also taken me out by tapping the rear bumper which I was less fond of :D Haven't seen much from the nemesis system and not sure what impact the team orders have.

Enjoying the range of races available. Don't know if the RWD suits me - backend stepping out more than I'd like!

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its an okay arcade racer but not a patch on forza horizon 4.

• Advertisement

Arcade racer, you have won me there! Will pick it up soon I think, but with MW and NFS coming out so close together, it could be a while. Saying that, if NFS is not as good as it looks, I'll just trade it for Grid.

Advertisement