Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The game pass is great, got it on Xbox and PC and cost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Calhoun wrote: »

Gears 5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Predownloaded this last night, Just what the doctor ordered for a wintry long weekend I reckon.

A few reviews have suggested that you're better off playing on Hard Difficulty, as once you get over the initial learning phase, you get overpowered quite quickly, and can fall back on simply brute forcing enemies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,167 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just be aware I don't think this is a "Play Anywhere" title like Gears for example, so your progress probably won't transfer between platforms. i could be wrong but as far as I know that's the case.

I'd take a guess and say changing to New Zealand region on your Xbox will work like it did with Gears 5 and allow you to play today

Here are the times

https://www.gamesradar.com/outer-worlds-when-can-i-start-playing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Signed up to gamepass for this .

Loved New Vegas despite the bugs, hopefully this holds up as well.

(backed Pillars of Eternity on Kickstarter. Still have yet to play beyond the tutorial area...)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I couldn't stop laughing at the clips of one of your companions running around kicking all the enemies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

and fallout 76 bringing a $100 annual subscription model in at the same time this gets released :D Obsidian are one of the few good devs left in my opinion, have this pre loaded and ready to go with game pass

Well spank my ass and call me a Jim :pac:
    I really only heard about this game by name and a trailer months back but decided to watch the IGN review and decided that I was gonna buy. After reading your post I was like wait its on game pass?!!?!?!?

Thanks for that dude!

I'd take a guess and say changing to New Zealand region on your Xbox will work like it did with Gears 5 and allow you to play today

Here are the times

https://www.gamesradar.com/outer-worlds-when-can-i-start-playing/

To expand on this, if it works the game should be available around 1pm Irish time today....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Wonder is simple to trick a Windows pc with regards to time zones ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonder is simple to trick a Windows pc with regards to time zones ��

VPN will do it on PC assuming it unlocks at New Zealand time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

when you try to trick game pass with a new Zealand vpn/date/time etc. it switches the release time from 00.00 25th to 12.00 25th :( day off too, would have been glorious.

I am actually glad I got it on gamepads, some of the reviews from the detailed build makers on you tube seem to be saying it's a brilliant game but the shortness will impact on the replayability.

Hopefully DLC will be added to expand on it.

Since when is 30 hours short!

Quality over quantity

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, length of time now has a reverse effect on me: I've intentionally stayed away from the likes of The Witcher purely because "100+ hours" of gameplay is NOT an enticement to play!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve also found the criteria of ‘replayability’ an odd one too. Games for the most part are such a significant time sink that it’s very, very rare that I’d have either the time or inclination to replay even my favourite games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Pre-ordered it for the PS4 for tonight's release, but it isn't pre-downloading... what gives? Wanted to get it downloaded so it's done when I get back from work at 10pm tonight, off for the next two days... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Pre-ordered it for the PS4 for tonight's release, but it isn't pre-downloading... what gives? Wanted to get it downloaded so it's done when I get back from work at 10pm tonight, off for the next two days... :(

Either try select the game from the menu (it's locked, but it might kickstart the download), or go into the PS Store to the game and there might be an option to download.

Pre-orders normally start the automatic download 2 days before release, but there was once or twice it didn't start automatically for me. Just had to try kickstart it somehow. Think it was the PS Store method that worked for me

I’ve also found the criteria of ‘replayability’ an odd one too. Games for the most part are such a significant time sink that it’s very, very rare that I’d have either the time or inclination to replay even my favourite games :pac:

Different horses for different courses, there is still a vibrant community around fallout NV, 4 and even Skyrim. Those games are designed in a way that you probably won't do everything in one run.

In fact whole communities of theory Crafters has built up around the game from a YouTube perspective.

In the case of outer world's it's being judged against New vegas and the criticism is not negative just a note from one community.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, length of time now has a reverse effect on me: I've intentionally stayed away from the likes of The Witcher purely because "100+ hours" of gameplay is NOT an enticement to play!

Witcher 3 does not entice people because of its length but the story it tells is amazing.

For RPG fans it's a world to get lost in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Witcher 3 does not entice people because of its length but the story it tells is amazing.

For RPG fans it's a world to get lost in.

Open World games; I have this tendency of deviating from the main story to get side tracked doing whatever, getting bored eventually and not bothering to finish the game... be it Fallout 4, RDR2, etc. :p

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Open World games; I have this tendency of deviating from the main story to get side tracked doing whatever, getting bored eventually and not bothering to finish the game... be it Fallout 4, RDR2, etc. :p

I think most games have fallen into a bad habit of having fetch quest side quests without really good story telling. Not all games are equal in this regard and some have interesting sidequest amongst the crap.

The Witcher had very meaningful and interesting side quests. The likes of the bloody baron was great and taken to it's conclusion was amazing story telling.

I think most games have fallen into a bad habit of having fetch quest side quests without really good story telling. Not all games are equal in this regard and some have interesting sidequest amongst the crap.

The Witcher had very meaningful and interesting side quests. The likes of the bloody baron was great and taken to it's conclusion was amazing story telling.
    And if the reviews are to be believed Outer Worlds also has very strong side quests and similar to W3 they are apparently better than the main quest.

Since when is 30 hours short!

Quality over quantity
    Totally agree. Plenty of games to play, 30 hrs will do nicely.

And if the reviews are to be believed Outer Worlds also has very strong side quests and similar to W3 they are apparently better than the main quest.

Reviews I have watched have said side quests + main story is around 40 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

see this is what should have been happening since W3 came out but even games like AC:Odyssey which is very good falls on the old go here fetch/kill that trope which we should not be seiing in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The countdown clocks smug aura mocks me. I wanna play now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just finished borderlands 3, TOW releases at midnight right?

Have i enough time for a quick kip?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Have i enough time for a quick kip?
    Yes sir, yes you do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement