Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I had similar feelings about it. It's a beautiful experience, but I don't think it's anywhere near as interesting as Dear Esther, Gone Home etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I would agree, Dear Esther had a greater impact for me.

I didn't play Dear Esther, but I enjoyed Gone Home more, because it was more of a contained environment with a more linear path.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture confirmed for PC

While most of the former console exclusives this gen have come from the XBox One, it's nice to see one from my PS4 wishlist make it to the PC. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

So just finished this today and honestly havent a clue what its about :pac:
    Is it God, Aliens :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

What does walking simulator mean? Is it just a game with zero gameplay? Similar to Heavy Rain or something along those lines?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Basically games heavily based around walking around or exploring an environment. They're typically very heavily story-focused games, with little in the way of traditional mechanics (although some recent games, like Naughty Dog's, have embraced aspects of the formula). Mostly associated with games such as this, Gone Home, The Stanley Parable etc... Often used a sneering phrase, but handy enough (albeit reductive) phrase to describe an increasingly broad range of games with a broadly similar approach to storytelling.

Heavy Rain exists on its own plane: a plane of awfulness and unintentional belly laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Finally started to play this after buying it in 2016. It's hard to describe how tedious I'm finding it. Beautiful world and music but god awful to play and the lack of a proper sprint button is maddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Finally started to play this after buying it in 2016. It's hard to describe how tedious I'm finding it. Beautiful world and music but god awful to play and the lack of a proper sprint button is maddening.

It's not that long and ,although I felt the same at the time, in retrospect I'm glad as it made me really check things out.

It's worth it - an experience that stuck with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

A beautiful game although I do agree that the lack of a sprint button is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There was always a speed.up button but really mild increase. Dunno if that's changed.

Advertisement