Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City Centre to Northwood, Santry.

Options
  • 19-05-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I would go about getting to Northwood from the city centre? I'm hoping it's just one bus, can anyone tell me the bus number and location and give me a rough estimate of how long it would take. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

One bus will do ya. A 41/41c would be the most frequent id say, they are buses to Swords but they go by the entrance to Northwood. Think a 16 might do as well. The 41/41c leave from Abbey Street every 20 mins or so..and it will take around 20 mins to get to Northwood depending on traffic. Youll get more detail on the Dublin Bus website.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

33 would do you as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Check which part of Northwood you need. If the area around Gulliver's retail park, the number 4 will bring you much closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Anyone know how I would go about getting to Northwood from the city centre? I'm hoping it's just one bus, can anyone tell me the bus number and location and give me a rough estimate of how long it would take. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

If you are going to the driver theory test centre side of Northwood, get the 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Thanks everyone. I am going to Electric Ireland in the Northwood business park in swift square. Is there a preferred bus I should go for? Any landmark I should look out for?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

In that case, route 4 is your best bet from O'Connell Street to Ballymun Road, as it is closer to that exit than the Santry exit.

Just ask the driver to let out at the entrance to Northwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

lxflyer wrote: »
    In that case, route 4 is your best bet from O'Connell Street to Ballymun Road, as it is closer to that exit than the Santry exit.

Just ask the driver to let out at the entrance to Northwood.

Thank you. How far a walk is it from the bus stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thank you. How far a walk is it from the bus stop?

Just have a look at Google Maps - search for Northwood in Santry and you will see where Swift Square is (it's towards the western end).

It looks like it's about 5 minutes walk.

Advertisement