Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enniscorthy Bypass

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Victor wrote:
    Roundabout? :D

eek..

maybe two of them?

I think I'll take the R741 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Victor wrote:
    Roundabout? :D
    Correction, 2 roundabouts :D:D

A Chara
    We are currently engaged in fencing and archaology for this project although
    site clearance has been more or less completed we do not have a commencement date for the main contract.
    You get the impression that WCC are doing just about everything they can in anticipation of the funding being forthcoming!

murphaph wrote:
    Correction, 2 roundabouts :D:D

I guess traffic coming from Dublin going to Enniscorthy turns off the roundabout down the n30, then exits the next roundabout.

Otherwise 5 exits on a roundabout is too much for most Irish drivers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They will have had authorisation to do this. The farmers get a fee for allowing the archaeology to go ahead early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Gorey Bypass Newsletter
    http://www.wexford.ie/Roads/downloads/N11G2A%20Newsletter03%20Q2%20Apr06.pdf

They are making good progress on this section of the N11 :)

Some amalgamated pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for that victor I hate detailed maps with no context!

Mike.

Yeah, same here Mike, cheers Victor!

The realignments of the N9/N24 as part of the Waterford Bypass are really hard to make out. I remember ages ago there were detailed maps/models available online which showed how the N9 will tie into the N24/N25 but can't find them now. Does anyone remember how it's gonna be done? Will there be a freeflowing junction between N9 and N25, if not, it would seem shortsighted not to freeflow two HQDCs like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

Cheers Victor for the enniscorthy map!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

will the enniscorthy bypass be going anywhere near kilann, does anybody know?
    cheers

Um, Kilann. Where?

nevermind, it's a little townload about 7 miles north-west.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Surely you've heard of Rackards of Killanne! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

I remember going to see Aslan there about 4 years ago! "Exotis" nightclub - how very optimistic of them!

• Advertisement

ah good old kilanne, and apparently, rackards could be closing down!

murphaph wrote:
    The realignments of the N9/N24 as part of the Waterford Bypass are really hard to make out. I remember ages ago there were detailed maps/models available online which showed how the N9 will tie into the N24/N25 but can't find them now. Does anyone remember how it's gonna be done? Will there be a freeflowing junction between N9 and N25, if not, it would seem shortsighted not to freeflow two HQDCs like that.
    http://n9-n10kilcullen-waterford.ie/public_consultations/section_G_pc3.htm

Pic of Waterford Bridge and junctions http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51318591&postcount=4
    cil_aine wrote:
    will the enniscorthy bypass be going anywhere near kilann, does anybody know?
    No where near it then.

Thanks for pointing me to that Victor. That's exactly the thing I had in mind. It seems a bit short sighted however to use a single-stacked roundabout to form the junction of the N9/N24 and the N25. It's a greenfield site afterall so why isn't there a freeflow solution planned. Then there's an at-grade roundabout forming the junction of the N9 and N24, full freeflowing wouldn't be required here at all but the junction should be grade separated with the N9 having priority. I might be being a bit pedantic here but if you're gonna link two national primary HQDC's they should be freeflowed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

With the N9 reaching its terminus near this point, surely the prioirty must lie with the N24 (in the absence of a freeflow junction) as most of the traffic after this point will be heading for New Ross/Wexford/Rosslare. Many N9 commuters could be splitting off in both directions here. The N9/24 for me seems a better choice for full flow separation, but neither would i object if both were made freeflow (which would of course make any future upgrade to motorway a lot easier - which i susoect may be a plan).

murphaph wrote:
    Yeah, that's a shocking junction priority that one. So easy to change too!

re ferns from people newspapers...

IT'S high time the people of Ferns had some idea which side of the village any new bypass would go.
    Cllr. Declan McPartlin said the development of Ferns was being held up because no-one knew the likely route.

Councillors were told that the Regional Design Office was examining the situation at Ferns, but no timeframe was put on when a possible route might be charted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Heard today that tenders for the Enniscorthy bypass will go out spring/summer next year with work due to commence about 12 months later...:)

I know it will start at Clough but anyone got a map of the propsed route?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Does anyone know what the spec of the new Enniscorthy bypass will be? Will it be a dual carriageway, a 2+2 or just a S2?

Advertisement